intravenous vitamins anyone?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by butterfly8, Apr 19, 2006.

1. butterfly8

butterfly8 New Member

Has anyone tried intraveneous vitamin drips or injections? Not ones that are injected into the muscles, but ones that are slowly put into the blood stream. I heard a little bit about them.

I asked my doc. about them and he casually said, "They help some people. They might help you. Do some reading on it. We have different types the nurses administer here." But he did not tell me any more about them. I think I'll change my doctor!

Any web site details for more info. on them (Not where to purchase them) would be appreciated as well as any personal experience stories.
  2. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Back in the mid-80's when I was just dx, I had a great group of cutting edge Dr.'s who suggested this.

I'd go 2x/week, and came out feeling a nice boost. Moved on to other helpers after about a year of doing them. They did help alot.

LIGHT*************carole
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

I have gotten some help from IV vitamin therapy. I'm thinking of having a few more soon. It sounds like your Doctor is a least open to the possibility that this may help. Not many Docs are. Instead of trying to change Doctors, why don't you ask the nurses about the different IVs they administer? They likely know more about them.

Kathy.