intro and need advice!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by imagin, Jul 29, 2003.

1. imagin

imagin New Member

Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a little over a week now. I was just diagnosed with FM last Tuesday and am still trying to deal with it and accept it. I'm 20 years old and am about to graduate from massage school. :) My doctor didn't tell me anything about it or what to do. I had been getting tension headaches every single day and migraines at least twice a week, on a "good week." So he put me on Lexapro, anyone had any experience with it? So far, so good. Someone told me to try a naturopathic, so I'm considering that, but don't know much. Although I read some posts earlier and it sounded promising. The nurse told me my thyroid was normal at 2.44, but some earlier posts contradict that. ? Anyways, I have all the usual symptoms, can't get to sleep, can't stay asleep, and right now I am in extreme pain and don't know what to do,etc. etc. Have a follow up with dr. aug 12, but not expecting much. well, sorry so long...any suggestions? thanks!
    imagin
    [This Message was Edited on 07/29/2003]
  2. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

I am learning,I cant give advise past you are at the best place I have found since 1999.Well,I hope you gain as much as I have.I do know that if you readress your post /ask for Medical advise many more respnses will arise! I hope this Bump-up helps! good luck & peace,lisa
  3. iconracr

iconracr New Member

Your body can fight it. This is my second round of FMS. I have been in remission before. The BEST thing you can do is get a deep theraputic massage three times a week. Drink tons of water and get some rest after with moist heat. YOu need to work on your sleep pattern. Zoloft has worked once for me. As had Soma taken at bed time. I am currently taking Kloupin. It helps keep me asleep once I am asleep. The problem is getting there.

This is a great site for info. YOu might want to try the suppliments they recommend.

Feel Better, Cheryl
  4. imagin

imagin New Member

thanks to those who replied earlier, i'm new to all this and it's nice getting advice. :) i really need all the help i can get. thanks again!
    -imagin
  5. nktigger99

nktigger99 New Member

Hello!

I saw your posted and wanted to reply. I am 21 years old. I have had symptoms of fibro for about 11 years.

Just wanted to let you know you are not alone.

Nichole
  6. imagin

imagin New Member

hi again, and thank you. i have a question tho. earlier deep massage was mentioned, but when we practiced deep tissue on each other, i got so much worse. I felt sick and in pain, and just really bad. like my body had too much info or something. it was a huge overload. did anyone else ever feel that way?
    imagin
  7. AnnG

AnnG New Member

...once gave me a deep massage (my PT was on vacation) and I hurt for days afterwards! Maybe people get used to it after a while, I don't know cuz I never tried that again!

I take flexeril at night to sleep and it really helps. I think it is a muscle relaxer. I don't wake up drowsy.

Very moderate exercise helps as long as I do it regularly. I do it monday and tuesday, skip wednesday, and then do it on thursday and friday.

Gather all the info you can here and then go to your next appt. armed and ready!

Good luck to you!

Ann