Intro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aoibheil, Apr 26, 2006.

1. Aoibheil

Aoibheil New Member

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. Hopefully this is the proper way to do this, if it isn't please let me know.

I'm not sure what, if anything, else I should say other than I hope everyone is having a good day.
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Welcome to the board!:) I assume you must have CFS/FM.

If you would like a little more personal info, would be nice, just to get to know you better.:)

Your bio didn't say anything about your health.

But it's up to you.:)

Best wishes,

Claudia
  3. findmind

findmind New Member

Welcome to our board....a really fun, insightful funny, informative, funny, learning curve, funny....

did I say fun board?

Anything you want to know? Do use the Search/Topic section...LOL don't be overwhelmed by the info, just try to read and absorb a little at a time, ok?

Lots put in bios under profiles; others like me have been lazy or don't want to bore you to death!

If you read a post and want to know about the poster, click on their name: it will take you to it and their previous postings too.

A great place...don't forget the Library...a wealth of info ProHealth has saved for us.

Be sure to read the rules...we like to keep this a safe, friendly place with good manners and understanding...

Enjoy, and pray we all spell your screenname right LOL

findmind
  4. Aoibheil

Aoibheil New Member

claudiaw - I was just formally diagnosed with FMS. I've spent the last 3 months of this current episode going from local doc to local doc and none of them doing much but "here take this pill" "it's all in your head", "you need to go to this other doc because I can't do anything for you" and telling me things I already knew I had (that being osteo- and rhematoid arthritis, and (OI)osteogenesis imperfecta). I'm seeing from reading here and other places that doctors acting like this is unfortunately pretty common. I have to wonder whatever happened to the Hippocratic Oath they are all supposed to have taken.

Then the OI Foundation recommended I see a Rheumatologist who specialized in OI. He's the one who told me the day I saw him that part of what's going on with me is FMS. So I've been doing a lot of research on it lately.

findmind - Thanks for the pointers, I'll be sure to check out all the resources you mentioned. And yes I certainly agree with you, this does seem to be a nice, informative, friendly and supportive place. I've checked out other boards and this is the one I chose for those very reasons :D. Actually it was the above mentioned doc who recommended I find an online support group.

If you misspell my screen-name I certainly won't mind at all, lol.
  5. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Thanks for sharing!

Nice to meet you. And yes unforunately most of us have gone doc to doc.

i thought my search was over, but I guess not. New issue with med's, got to go to GP and she if she will help.

Sorry you have FM and other health problem's, but glad you found this board.

You'll like it here.:)

claudia
  6. libra55

libra55 New Member

Glad to have you with us. This is a great group of people. Everyone here is very knowledgeable about FM/CFS, sympathetic, and we have some good laughs too.

Michelle