Introducing myself....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Geechie, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Geechie

Geechie New Member

I've had this fibro thing - I think I have it (how does anyone know for sure?) - for a couple of years. I was diagnosed with RA four years ago and now the rheumatologist thinks I have fibro as well.

I feel so bad reading that some of you are very young and have this problem. I have only my husband and cats, and he does everything for me (and them) when I'm sick, which has been pretty often lately. I don't know how those of you with children manage. Mine are all grown but I remember how it was!

My doctor is very, very good with meds so I don't have that problem. I have Percocet whenever I need it, which is more and more often.

Let's see, no small children, a doting husband, meds if I want them - sounds like I don't have much to complain about! So I'm sorry to whine, but, I'm still miserable. It's hard to say how much is RA and how much is fibro.

None of the current RA wonder drugs work for me. I've tried them all. What can be done for fibro? I can't take things like Cymbalta because they make me very nervous.

Maybe I'm just allergic to cats! lol

Oh, almost forgot (I'd like to forget) - my age. I'm almost sixty, next month. And my hubby is 47. We've been married nineteen years. He is my children's stepdad. We are both artist and he also has a regular job (as my mom used to say, a "real job").

That is probably my whole life in a nutshell. Thanks for listening!
  2. ronter7

ronter7 New Member

hi! i just wanted to say hi and welcome you here. you will find many wonderful people and some great info. sounds like you have a great husband and a good doctor, that's a good start. keep reading and learning and you will find what works for you. i am 29 with 2 kids ages 3&4 and live in s.d. pretty miserable with this fibro stuff, but have no doctor now so no meds. my kids sure help me make it thru the day! take care of youself!
    ronda
  3. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Glad to have you join us, I also feel badly for those with small children, like you, I clearly remember how it was when mine were young, not an easy road to travel with this pain.

The only thing helped with the RA is Glucosamine/Chondroitin
    I found out about this supplement from a book called: 'The Arthritis Cure' by Jason Theodosakis, M.D.

This was quite a few years ago, it also helped my husband, he had a bone spur in his elbow. The doctor gave him shots/meds for it, but after a few weeks it came back worst than the first time.

He decide to try my 'cure' then, he hates shots :) Well that was a couple of years ago, and he did not have another problem with the arthritis, and is still taking the Glucosamine/Chondroitin.

You might want to ask your doctor about it.

Glad to hear you have such a great support system, that always makes life a lot easier with these illnesses!

Again, welcome to the board, and hope we hear from you often.

Shalom, Shirl
  4. nina2

nina2 New Member

Welcome to what will now become your home away from home.
    It's a nice place to come to and I hope you will visit often.

You'll find that so many others here are feeling what you feel. I guess these are the ties that bind here. So happy that you have found us.
    ~nina~
  5. Geechie

Geechie New Member

Shirl...I have actually never tried this. I did give it to one of our cats in her last two years, she was 21 when she passed and I know she had some arthritis.

I will definitely try it. I agree about the shots!
    [This Message was Edited on 08/23/2005]