introducing myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by gwenn-aelle, Apr 11, 2007.

1. gwenn-aelle

gwenn-aelle New Member

hi...my name is gwenn-aelle, i'm 42 and i have fibromyalgia.
    i'm here because a friend of a friend of a friend....told me it was a nice place to be..
  2. MDS114

MDS114 New Member

Your friend was right...this is a nice place. You can find great information here. Hope you are having a good day.
  3. gwenn-aelle

gwenn-aelle New Member

it's a sunny day!
  4. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Welcome! It's a sunny, beautiful day here in California also. Sorry you have fibro, but glad you came to get some support. There are many nice, helpful people here. Have a great day. Kim :)
  5. knitsnfits

knitsnfits New Member

Nice to meet you Gwenn-aelle! I am also 40ish....OK 46!!!!and long time survivor of FM and other assorted ailments. Today is also sunny here and a little warm but tomorrow we will get a little snow! Hope the daffodils can take it!
  6. pat460

pat460 New Member

Hey, (that's how we greet in NC)
    I too have fibro and will be 42 in a month. Glad to have you here! Don't be shy and feel free to post any questions or comments. I felt a little awkward at first, but people here genuinely care what you have to say and are very helpful. My philosophy is--the only dumb question is an unasked question.

Again, welcome. Pat
  7. mujuer

mujuer New Member

Welcome to the board. I am forty nine and have had fibro for 2 1/2 years. I think you are really going to like your new support group here. Sorry to hear that you are a fellow fibromite but I am glad you came here for support. I'm glad that your friend of a friend told you about this site. It has been so helpful to all of us. Sincerely, mujuer
  8. momof471

momof471 New Member

Hi and welcome, there is good support here, you've come to the right place! I'm 35 and was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, after looking for answers for a year and a half. I have FM and chronic myofascial pain.

God Bless
  9. gwenn-aelle

gwenn-aelle New Member

well thanks for all this messages..
    i find everything kind of overwelming ( is it the correct word?) there is a lot of new messages every minute..how do you keep on?
    i had the luck to wait only about a year for the diagnostic of the fibro. i had been looking in the net for the symptoms i had and then i went to see a friend, who is a doctor, telling him that i tought that i had it. he conduced several tests and finally, just a few months after the beginning, he agreed with me..
    sometimes i think i've learned to live with lady Fibro..someother times, i just...can't..
    thanks again for all your support..
  10. Engel

Engel New Member

11. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

yes it is a nice place to be, I am new here also, I find it comforting to have a place to come to, where so many others understand me. :)
  12. annaleeb

annaleeb New Member

how I dream of the weather you are having, do not mean to hi jack this thread, but geesh, we are having a terrible snow storm right now, 2 days of it so far, and its spring :( please send me some of that weather here in Vermont :)
  13. gwenn-aelle

gwenn-aelle New Member

ok..i'm going to check that
    ok..done..but i don't know if it is visible..how can i check?
    [This Message was Edited on 04/13/2007]
  14. pat460

pat460 New Member

Yes your profile is visible and you are very beautiful in the photo. Just click on your name and you can see your profile as well as see the posts you have written. Click on your posts there and you can read replies to you which you may have missed when the board is going at top speed. Sometimes I forget what I have posted so I go to my profile and click on each highlighted post to check if someone needs a reply or just a thankyou for answering my posts.

Pat
  15. gwenn-aelle

gwenn-aelle New Member

so that's the way to keep a trace of i have read or not!! thanks!
  16. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Just saw your post today. So sorry you are having rotten weather. If it makes you feel any better, it is in the high 50's this morning with a chance of rain. Hope to get more sunshine starting tomorrow, will try to send some across the way so you can get some warmth!! Hang in there, hope Spring weather is on its way for you! Kim :)
  17. NannyGlo

NannyGlo New Member

Hi Everyone. Gee, I just started posting, then was reminded that I hadn't introduced myself yet. I am known as NannyGlo; I'm 62 years; a wife, mother & grandmother. I've had chronic pain from Arthritis and Fibro for about 30 years. In my younger years, I was an executive secretary at a large oil company in my hometown. I've been active for a long time on [edited to remove per rules] . Someone by the name of Debbie recommended I join this group. My hobbies are reading and working puzzles. That's it in a nutshell :) NannyGlo