Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by magpie48, Dec 27, 2002.

1. magpie48

magpie48 New Member

Hi! My name's Maggie and I've had FMS for approximately three years now. I have been reading your board for about a month and it seems everyone here is knowledgable and supportive. I'm not sure what started my symptoms, but it was around 8 months after having a combined flu/pneumonia shot. Needless to say, I've never had another!

Looking forward to posting and replying!

Maggie
  2. susabar

susabar New Member

Welcome to this board, people have been helpful and supportive. I also am fairly new, two months ago I was going about my business, and I had barely heard of the word Fibromyalgia !! Needless to say life has changed !!! and in retrospect I too have probably had symptoms for years, this was the first time it landed me in bed. I am still out of work, as I continue to "heal" and I honestly don't know what the future has in store... Take each day as it comes and try to find whatever good you can out of it...
    Good Luck to you
    Sue
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Welcome to our board. I live in the Eastern Time Zone and usually am signed off before everyone else, so I don't usually get to welcome new members.

This is a wonderful place to find others who are caring and helpful. Our library has more than 3,000 articles written by experts in our area of medicine.

I'm glad you found us.

Love, Mikie
  4. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m glad to meet you and have you join us. This is a wonderful place. I was really at rock bottom when I came
    across this site. It really is a life saver for a lot of
    people. I found so many wonderful, helpful things to try
    that really work. I`m much better and I knew I`m never
    alone with this illness because I can always come here to
    find solace and understanding and so can you!

One of many new friends,
    Sandyz
  5. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

I'm fairly new here also, but I have gotten a lot of support and information from this site. I've only been dx'd with FM since July 2002. I take it one day at a time and do the best I can.

Glad to have you around. Lisa
  6. Cindi

Cindi New Member

I've had FMS for 5 years. I also have Lupus and Sjogren's Syndrome. I don't get to post here as much as I'd like, but try to read often!! Everyone here has been very nice AND supportive :) I hope to start posting more and getting to know you and everyone else here!

Take care,
    Cindi
  7. magpie48

magpie48 New Member

Thank you everyone for the welcome. Please excuse me, but I am getting used to using this site. I almost replied on someone else's post!!

Have a great day!
    Maggie
  8. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Have had symtoms for 28 yrs, was diagnosed 5-6 yre ago. This is a great place to get support, etc, and everyone is very kind and helpful.

There is tons of info and good advice, the library is great.
    Welcome and good health. 1maqt
  9. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Maggie, welcome to our world! That was strange what you said, I seemed to have gotten Fibro after I had pneumonia 20 some years ago. No, I do not get any kind of vaccines, the only one I ever had was in grade school, and thats eons ago!

Glad you decided to post, and hope we hear from you often.

Again, welcome to the board.

Have a great New Year.

Shalom, Shirl