Introduction from a newbie

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Ibby, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Ibby

Ibby New Member

Hello new friends!

I was referred here by a friend from the AP (Antibiotic Protocol) board. I have RA and Raynaud's for the last two years.

My husband and I have 8 chidren, ranging in ages from 14 to 1. We are expecting our 9th child, which brings me to my question.

Does anyone have any information on taking Bromelain during pregnancy? I am having some hypercoagulation flares during this pregnancy and trying to decide how to deal with them.
    I have read about the abortifaceant effect of green pineapples, but I am unsure if this has anything to do with taking Bromelain.

Any input would be most appreciated!

Ibby
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And congratulations. If it were me, I would ask the doctor. I wouldn't take any chances.

Love, Mikie
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Hi Ibby.....congratulations are in order!

I don't have an answer to your question, but am 'bumping' it so it goes to the top of the list. Hopefully, you will get more information from the other 'Mommies to Be!'

Hugs,

Kim
  4. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Hi Ibby, welcome to the board, and congrat's on your coming baby, my you do have quite a family!

Can't help with the bromelain either, have never taken it.

I would ask your doctor or your pharmacist before taking anything since you are expecting.

Again, welcome to the board.

Shalom, Shirl
  5. EZBRUZR

EZBRUZR New Member

Bump
    peace,ez
  6. lease79

lease79 New Member

Wow, you're on no.9 ~*CONGRATULATIONS*~ I recently had no.4, so you have double my brood!
    This is what I pulled off of earthpharmacy.com for you -Precautions

-Quote- Bromelain may cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and excessive menstrual bleeding, but no serious side effects have been reported in humans; however, allergic reactions, including skin reactions and asthma, may occur if you are allergic to pineapples. Experiments in animals have not shown bromelain to cause cancer or birth defects, but there have not been any studies concerning use of bromelain in pregnancy. Check with your health care provider if you have a blood-clotting disorder, liver or kidney disease, or hypertension. -End Quote-

~*GOODLUCK*~ with your pregnancy!

Lease