Introduction & Question

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by pam_d, Sep 30, 2002.

1. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hi, I'm a newbie here who's recently moved to the Kansas City area & looking for a doctor knowledgeable on FMS treatment. Co-cure's good doc list & referral list provided by FMS Network had little to offer, one excellent sounding doc on Co-cure's list no longer takes new FMS patients, too bad as she sounded excellent. I was hoping maybe others in the KC area might have some suggestions to offer, also perhaps knowledge of area support groups? Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice!

pam_d
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Hi, I'm a newbie here who's recently moved to the Kansas City area & looking for a doctor knowledgeable on FMS treatment. Co-cure's good doc list & referral list provided by FMS Network had little to offer, one excellent sounding doc on Co-cure's list no longer takes new FMS patients, too bad as she sounded excellent. I was hoping maybe others in the KC area might have some suggestions to offer, also perhaps knowledge of area support groups? Thanks so much in advance for any help or advice!

pam_d
  3. Thella

Thella New Member

I am new here and also live in Canada so can't be of much help.
    Here is a suggestion though. Call the dr. and ask if they can suggest another dr. They may be able to help you. I know that here they will try and get you in to see a dr. who could help.
    Welcome here and hopefully someone will be able to come up with an answer.
    Thella
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Thanks, Thella! My first question to that doctor's office was "Is there anyone you'd recommend as an alternative?" and they had no one to suggest. I guess this is what happens when you move to a new location, you're starting all over again, which is tough. Thanks anyway!
  5. Thella

Thella New Member

another suggestion.
    A friend of mine who moves frequently does this with every move.
    She has a questionairre which she mails to the drs. in the area.
    She asks all the pertinent questions and either drops it off or mails it in.
    If the dr. takes the time to answer her with either a phone call or a letter, she makes an appointment.
    If they don't she ignores them as being uncaring. It seems to work for her as she is always happy with her new dr.
    Mind you she does not have fibro but I think the idea is a sound one for whatever the needs.
    GIP
    Thella
  6. lavender_butterfly

lavender_butterfly New Member

Hello Pam!

Well, I am going to be moving in about six or seven months. What I plan on doing is asking for recommendations from my current doctor. I am going to put her to work and see if she can locate a list of doctors or a doctor who treats FMS patients, see if she can network, pass along my information, and see if she is willing to discuss things with the doctor I choose to see in my new city.

I have no idea if this is going to work for me or not, but it is my best idea so far...

Best of luck to you!
  7. fibolady

fibolady New Member

hope you find a great doctor soon. don't be discouraged if the first one doesn't work out, or second. remember, they work for you (this is hoping you have good insurance and can afford to see more than one!) if not, the idea of sending out informational letters sounds good. good luck!

warm regards, fibolady in nc