introduction

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahfemme, Mar 30, 2003.

1. sarahfemme

sarahfemme New Member

Hello, y'all. My name is Sarah, and I'm a newbie to this site. I have been diagnosed with FMS for about 6 years now but have been on SSD for schizoaffective disorder for over 15 years, so I'm familiar with being "disabled", esp with being invisibly disabled, i.e.-looking "normal" but not being able to function like most people can. I'm lucky-I work pt as a librarian, though it takes all of my resources just to do so. I take a lot of medication but am able to do most of what I want to do. I do exercise-walking when I can, stretches when I can-but sometimes have to use a cane , if I'm having a bad day or flare. I also use a TENS unit on occasion, which also helps. I hae a good team of docs ho wok ogether wth me so can have a good life. Lastly, but certainly not least, I have a supportive partner-she listens to me vent, helps me when neccesary, and doesn't let me succumb to self-pity.
    A few non-FMS related details-I'm 42, live in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia, have one cat and two guinea pigs, and am a proud queer lesbian.
    -Sarah
  2. klutzo

klutzo New Member

Welcome to the Board. You might want to post the personal info under your "Profile" section.
    There is lots of good info here, and I hope it will help you deal with the Fibro. It is tough having several things wrong at once, but it sounds like you have a good attitude.
    Klutzo
  3. lin21

lin21 New Member

Just wanted to say Hi and welcome you to this board. Many great people hear and they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Lin