Invitation to Participate in a Fibromyalgia Information Needs Study

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by atchen, Mar 30, 2011.

1. atchen

atchen New Member

Hi everyone,

I am a graduate student at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and I am writing to ask you for your help in a survey of fibromyalgia-related information needs, seeking and use.

The survey consists of four sections: health condition and management strategies; information needs, seeking and use; online support groups; and personal information.

It should take you 15-20 minutes to complete.

It is available at:

I hope that the results of this study will increase understanding of fibromyalgia sufferers' information needs and preferences, and that this knowledge may be used in the design and improvement of health-related information services.

This study, 11-0295, has been approved by the University’s Institutional Review Board for Human Subjects Research. For more information about your rights as a subject, please use the contact information found on the survey to contact the IRB.

In addition to filling out this survey, if you could let others who have fibromyalgia know about it, I would really appreciate it!

If they are interested in learning more about this study, they may contact me to learn more information using the contact information found on the survey.

Thank you for considering this invitation!

Annie Chen

2. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

and approved by ProHealth.
  3. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Thank you for doing this as I am always a bit leery about things like this.

4. msbsgblue

msbsgblue Member

Says link is unavailable.
  5. spongebobmama

spongebobmama New Member

I finially got to her link via susan2009, cut and paste and got in and took it. See what becomes of it. No personal data required like name, address,etc. Mostly about how we find our info on fibro. Sbobmama
  6. atchen

atchen New Member

Dear all,

I'm sorry about the problem with the link. Thanks for the correction, Susan2009!

It's the period at the end; it shouldn't be there.

Here it is again:

Thanks, and I really appreciate your input!

Annie Chen