Iodine.... A Natural Medicine

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AndrewB, Dec 9, 2009.

1. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

by Mark Sircus

from RoadToHealth Website

"Iodine is utilized by every hormone receptor in the body.

The absence of iodine causes a hormonal dysfunction

that can be seen with practically every hormone inside the body."

2. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

I saw this post over at Curezone and had to post it here for some of the "non-believers."

If I could only take one supplement, it would be iodine. That's how important it is.

Take care

3. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

That was very interesting - I'd never heard of nascent iodine before. I've been taking iodine for quite awhile, first Lugol's and now Iosol, but, to be honest, with no really noticeable benefits (e.g., still low body temp even though I'm taking Armour thyroid as well) I have read a lot about the benefits of iodine for the whole body, but this is new information for me.

Do you take the nascent iodine? If so, where you do buy it?

Thanks for posting!

4. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Iodine, LDN and thyroid medications all do different things to the thyroid and it is important that the thyroid be in a healthy balanced state. The three together may be cancelling each other out or can have unwanted side effects like a "thyroid storm".

I have had hyper and hypothyroidism and Graves Disease runs in my family, mother, grandmother and two aunts.

BTW any site mentioning Edgar Cayce just might be a bit suspicious, IMHO

You may be playing with fire. Please be careful. Just because something is natural does not mean it is harmless.

[This Message was Edited on 12/09/2009]
  5. AndrewB

AndrewB New Member

Yes, I take Atomidine that I buy from Phil Thomas - it's called Detoxified Iodine. Google it.

I also take this along with Standard Process' Prolamine iodine. These two forms make for a good, safe way to get your iodine. These are the only two forms I would recommend for a person to take.

Be sure to take plenty of natural salt (ie Celtic sea salt) to flush out the bromine. At least 1/4 teaspoon a day dissolved in water.

Good luck!
  6. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Andrew - Thanks so much for the info! I very much appreciate it. I didn't know that salt flushed out bromine. I did detox quite a bit when I first started the Lugol's, had to go to a very small dose. so I will look into the natural salt as well.

Gap - you're right, we're not talking about candy here. I agree - people should educate themselves as much as possible about whatever supplements they take. They do have real effects on the body. And they should further thoroughly educate themselves about any prescription drugs they take as well. Prescription drugs cause thousands and thousands of deaths and injury and hospitalizations each year and most patients (and many doctors) are just unaware of possible side effects, and too often end up on a merry-go-round of one drug being given to counteract another drug's side effects, and so on.

7. gapsych

gapsych New Member

Yes it is important to become informed consumers whether we are talking about prescription drugs or "natural" supplements. A good site for finding information for both is

Go to health and wellness at the top of the page and you will see both databases.

My concern is that supplements, etc. have no oversight which is a real disadvantage when trying to find out about effectiveness, side effects and interactions with other medications.

Good point.