IonX nightwear for sleep??????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by RENA0909, Nov 13, 2010.

1. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have been looking at the pjs and nighties advertised here on the beginning of the board and wondered if anyone has tried them?

I am always so hot and cold and cant sleep so I was thinking of trying them.

I live in the UK and I cant seem to find out where to buy them over here and the US sites all have dollar prices.

Any help??

2. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

Hi Rena. We just recently brought on the Goodnighties Recovery Sleepwear line, and would love to hear feedback from any message board users who have tried these.

We had several ProHealth employees, friends and family try the line and they had positive results.

We recently published an article on sleep in which Goodnighties was featured.

Here is an excerpt and review by Karen Lee Richards, a lead expert specializing in Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, for HealthCentral's ChronicPainConnection:

"Goodnighties – Recovery Sleepwear

Goodnighties is a unique new type of sleepwear for women that promotes restorative sleep. The secret to Goodnighties lies in the special IonX fabric from which they're made. IonX is a patented process that infuses negative ions into the structure of the fabric.

When a Negative is Positive

What's so special about negative ions? Plenty. In our modern world, we are bombarded daily with positive ions from things like pollution, computers and TV – and they make us feel tired, depressed and irritable. However, negative ions, found in nature in places like beaches, waterfalls, forests and mountain tops, give us increased levels of energy and a sense of well-being.

Scientists have studied the positive effects of negative ions for many years. Some of the beneficial effects that may aid in improving sleep quality include:

• Increasing the flow of oxygen to the brain, which can have profound effects on sleep patterns.

• Producing biochemical reactions that increase serotonin levels.

• Increasing melatonin, which helps to synchronize our biological clocks

• Helping us reach the REM stage of sleep more quickly.

• Increasing blood flow to the muscles and joints, which promotes pain relief.

• Protecting against germs and boosting the immune system. (Positively charged germs are neutralized by negative ions.)

Through years of research, scientists have discovered that exposing soft skin tissue to negative ions helps balance and counteract the not-so-positive effects of positive ions. When it comes to ions, a positive is negative and a negative is positive.

The negative ions blended into Goodnighties' IonX fabric naturally create the balance you need to get a good night's sleep and wake up rested, restored and rejuvenated.

Another property of the IonX-treated fabric that can be beneficial for improving sleep is its ability to wick moisture away from the body. Women who suffer from hot flashes and night sweats often wake up in the middle of the night feeling wet and “clammy” from perspiration trapped against the skin. Goodnighties' IonX fabric transports moisture away from the body via the capillary action of its treated fibers and allows women to sleep through the night and awaken feeling fresher.

Putting Goodnighties to the Test

I can personally attest to the benefits of Goodnighties because I've been wearing them for about five months now. Since the first night I put them on, I've found that I consistently sleep for longer periods of time and wake up feeling refreshed – something I hadn't experienced since developing fibromyalgia and ME/CFS more than 20 years ago. And I no longer wake up throughout the night feeling hot and sweaty. As an added plus, I've also had noticeably less pain since wearing Goodnighties.

I've recently heard from several other people with FM, ME/CFS and other sleep disorders who also put Goodnighties to the test, and every one of them reported significantly improved sleep as well as reduced pain and fatigue."

To read the entire article, visit

If you decide to purchase the Goodnighties sleepwear, we do ship to the UK.

3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When you use a credit card, the charge is automatically put through the exchange rate to pay in whatever currency the card holder uses. It's helpful to have some idea of the exchange rate when pricing things in foreign currency. The dollar has been relatively weak for a while so most things bought here are a bargain.

BTW, I use neg. ionizer room cleaners and they make the place more like sea air or air near a waterfall, where there are more neg. ions than elsewhere. That is why people often feel more relaxed, yet energized, in those areas.

Love, Mikie