IowaMorningGlory

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by angiecw71, Nov 18, 2006.

1. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Hi, I am just responding to the reply you gave me concerning the Tramadol. You had asked if I had started getting real bad headaches and throwing up before the spinal tap or after and it was before.

Sorry I haven't responded before now, not feeling to good today. I really appreciate you responding to my post. Thanks so much

((Hugs))
    Angie
  2. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

Sorry Angie, I was just worried. I had a spinal tap about 5 yrs ago and there was an air bubble after. I was so sick I couldn't hold my head up without throwing up. Hospital sent me home that way and I lived 2hrs away. I knew what was wrong but the hospital in my area could not do the procedure I needed. I had my husband take me back to the hospital where it was done to the emergency room and they gave me what is called a "blood patch". Two seconds later I was my old self.

Hopefully they get your pressure evened out and you don't have to have any more spinal taps. But keep in mind an air bubble after one is a fairly usual side effect. If it ever happens let them know right away so you can get a patch.

I wish you lots of luck and my thoughts and hugs go with you.
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie
  3. angiecw71

angiecw71 New Member

Thank you so much. So I sever headache and throwing up is a sign that there is an air bubble?? Is there any other side effects that can occur?? Thank you so much for your help and concern it means more than words could express.

Thanks
    Angie
  4. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

After the spinal tap I could not lift my head off the pillow without searing, nauseating pain though the back of my neck to the front of my head. (Never have I had pain so bad in my life in my head)

I threw up all the way home from the hospital. Laid in bed for three days, and my kids came to me. Threw up all the way back to the hospital er room. After the blood patch, I went to hardee's and ate for the first time in 3 days.

I would pray this never happens to you or anyone else, but they say, "never say never", so just in case I want others to be aware.

I hope I didn't scare you, don't be anymore nervous for the next one. It happens and now you are prepared. Just don't go home if you have a headache!

Good luck and take care,
    Blessed Be,
    Laurie