IP6 Does anyone take this?? Dr Conley recommended

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mollystwin, Feb 20, 2008.

1. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My NK function is very low.

From Dr. Conley's latest newsletter:

Many people with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFIDS) have chronic active viral or bacterial infections. Improving or resolving those infections is vital to helping you improve your quality of life. Many people with CFIDS have low or low normal NK Cell function and therefore find it extremely hard to fight off chronic infections (this may be how the infections became chronic in the first place, without the proper immune function you did not have the capacity to resolve the bacterial infection or make the viral infection dormant). There are many treatments for chronic active EBV, CMV, HHV-6 and other viral infections but one vital part of that treatment plan is to improve NK Cell function, if low. I check NK Cell function levels on nearly all CFIDS patients I see and over 50% of them are low. I have documented dozens of cases where I have used IP-6 to improve NK Cell function. The most recent example was a teacher I saw for a follow-up consultation last week. She has chronic active EBV as part of her CFIDS and when first seen was unable to work. Her natural killer cell function was 8. I designed a complete treatment program for her, and as part I placed her on IP-6 daily. We repeated her NK Cell function 6 months after starting treatment and it was 24! This is a 200% improvement and I am sure is part of the reason why her EBV titres continue to improve, and are now almost negative and why, more importantly, she continues to improve. She is now back to work at 32-40 hours per week and while not totally back to "normal" health, has improved significantly. She is not alone, as mentioned I have documented dozens of patients that have improved their NK Cell function with IP-6. Some of them by 200% or more, some of them less than 200%. Any improvement in NK Cell function is important when trying to fend off CFS. It is also important that we have the improvement in NK Cell function documented by objective laboratory data, not just subjective improvement.

To Read More on Dr. Conley's Treatment Program Read America Exhausted: Breakthrough Treatments of Fatigue and Fibromyalgia. To Order Your Free Copy Click here:

Does IP-6 Have Side Effects?

One of the things I like best about IP-6 is that it is a natural substance that has very low side effects. It does not seem to interact with any medications, although should not be used if you are on an immune modulating drug such as Enbrel. With this high safety profile I can leave a patient on it for months without constantly worrying if they will get some untoward side effect. One caution however: if you have an autoimmune disease you should not use IP-6 as we want to reduce your immune activation and therefore should not use any supplements that further improve or enhance immune function. If you are interested in IP-6 see the special that Vitalhealthcenter has available this month. It is always best to know your NK Cell function prior to using IP-6, that way you know if you need it or not. That means getting a NK Cell function test. To you it feels like a normal blood test however only special labs do NK Cell function. In addition, unfortunately your doctor may not be familiar with NK Cell function testing. Many people come to see me and have had NK Cell numbers done and told they were normal, their doctors didn't understand the difference, come to find out their NK Cell function was abnormal and we were able to improve it with work. Lastly improvement of your NK Cell function should be part of an overall, individualized treatment plan which EVERYONE with CFS/FM should have! I can not tell you the number of people we see who have wasted years of their precious time (not to mention hundreds or thousands of dollars) on trying one supplement or medicine at a time only to be disappointed and move on to the next "hot" supplement. After 20 years of treating the toughest cases of CFS/FM and Autoimmune diseases I can not stress strongly enough the importance of having a complete evaluation and getting an individualized treatment plan that can be used over the course of months to help you recover your health

2. Catseye

Catseye Member

I took this last year after I saw in Cheney's protocol that the immune system needed to be shifted from Th2 to Th1 because of RNase-L running rampant in the body and doing damage by inhibiting protein synthesis. I took this along with a few other supplements that were supposed to shift Th2 to Th1.

After awhile, I determined I didn't have an RNase-L problem anymore and stopped taking IP6. I was taking so many things, I couldn't attribute anything specific to the IP6 but I know I didn't have any bad effects from it.

karen
  3. grace54

grace54 New Member

This sounds like it could be very helpful to many. I had not heard of it so I looked it up for a description of benefits and what exactly it contained. I have an auto-immune disease so can't take it even though my NK cell count was low. I wonder how that works as it seems they would be high with auto-immunity. I suspect their are other issues involved that over- stimulate my immune system?????

Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate that is present in substantial amounts in almost all plant and mammalian cells. It was recently recognized to possess multiple biological functions. A striking anticancer effect of IP6 was demonstrated in different experimental models. Inositol is also a natural constituent possessing moderate anticancer activity. The most consistent and best anticancer results were obtained from the combination of IP6 plus inositol. In addition to reducing cell proliferation, IP6 increases differentiation of malignant cells, often resulting in a reversion to normal phenotype. Exogenously administered IP6 is rapidly taken into the cells and dephosphorylated to lower-phosphate inositol phosphates, which further interfere with signal transduction pathways and cell cycle arrest. Enhanced immunity and antioxidant properties can also contribute to tumor cell destruction. However, the molecular mechanisms underlying this anticancer action are not fully understood. Because it is abundantly present in regular diet, efficiently absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract, and safe, IP6 holds great promise in our strategies for the prevention and treatment of cancer. IP6 plus inositol enhances the anticancer effect of conventional chemotherapy, controls cancer metastases, and improves the quality of life, as shown in a pilot clinical trial. The data strongly argue for the use of IP6 plus inositol in our strategies for cancer prevention and treatment. However, the effectiveness and safety of IP6 plus inositol at therapeutic doses needs to be determined in phase I and phase II clinical trials in humans.
  4. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

It's not very expensive, so I may give this a try. I need to check with my doctor first. I'm seeing him on Monday. I'll see what he has to say. He practices preventive medicine and knows a lot about supplements, so hopefully he can give me some insight on this.

Thanks for the comments Grace and Karen.

dar
  5. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

I'm also on Dr Conley's e-m list to receive his newletters & found this info to be very interesting.

Although I don't think this particular supplement would be something that would address my specific symptomology at this point, as an ex-patient of Dr Conley's,,,,I do know that he is a very bright doctor & would only recommend a supplement that he believes can help us.
  6. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This supplement is so cheap. It would be great if it would help!!
  7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

Did you decide to try this? Or not.

If you do let me know how you think it works and I'll do the same.

thanks!!