Irishme

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by LindaW, Feb 18, 2003.

1. LindaW

LindaW New Member

welcome! I too am 54 and know exactly what you are going through. The hip pain that you were talking about I thought it was the fibro thing, and have never mentioned it to my doctor but I will on my next appt. This illness is a one day at a time struggle, but I am trying to just take one day at a time, end really be joyful at the good days. As you get older the days pass so quickly, I hate to think it is just pain pain pain. Have you ever been to Ireland? It is a dream of mine to visit that lovely country. Maybe one day. I think even with this illness it is good to hope and dream. You will love this website!
  2. snester

snester New Member

Keep dreaming of Ireland...we spent 10 days there in Aug. 2002. We did a bike tour...the only way to see the country. Then, 2 months after we returned I developed and was dx'd with "full blown" Fibro. I look at my pix everyday and know that I will be back in 2004 on my bike for another trip...come H*** or high water. Sue
  3. LindaW

LindaW New Member

Lucky you to have taken that trip- What parts of Ireland did you see? Where did you stay? What was the countryside like?
    Linda
  4. irish.me

irish.me New Member

Hi Linda...it is so nice to meet you and hear that you understand. I hope you do see your dr. soon and tell him/her
    as I felt pretty stupid to have suffered so long with it and then find out she could do something right there that would help. I love my doctor..she is so understanding and very good. I will keep you in my prayers!
    No, unfortunately I have never been to Ireland, although I would love to go there..and to Newfoundland...My parents went to both and guess it was pretty awesome!!

Hugs,
    mary
  5. snester

snester New Member

We spent 10 days in County Clare. 7 days were part of the bike tour the other 3 were for being tourists. On the bike tour we stayed in a variety of B&B's and hotels. The area we toured included a lot of seacoast...saw the Cliffs of Moher, brought my son a t-shirt from an Irish surf-shop. Ate lots of seafood chowder...every village had their own recipe. Spent most of the time in the area known as the Burren...lots of rock...very interesting geological formations...can understand why there are lots of fairies, leprechauns, and such in Irish Folk lore. My fave sights: riding along and castles appearing out of the fog and mists, riding down very narrow roads with stone fences everywhere, looking at the GREEN hills and expecting to see Mel Gibson and crew come flying across them (wrong country though) and riding up on a gentleman re-thatching the roof of a cottage.
  6. LindaW

LindaW New Member

I loved your post! What an exciting adventure for you- If I ever get to goI will buy my son-in-law a t-shirt (surfer). He lives in Northern
    Ca. and loves surfing-sometimes too much for my daughter's taste. The stone fences that you were talking about are probably similar to the the stone walls that we have here o Cape Cod. I think they are beautiful. I have a few books on Ireland and looking at the houses with the thatch roofs, I love them. How great that you actually got to see them. Well it isalwats nice to dreqam-and in the meantime I can still look at pictures.