Iron Maiden Torture

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kat211, Jun 1, 2010.

1. kat211

kat211 New Member

I have been in bed for the past few days feeling like I have been placed in an iron maiden. I think I over did it on the roof and in the yard. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. I guess it was meant to happen sooner or later.

To top it off all of my accounts are empty and the mortgage is due today.

On the bright side, my son is a happy chipper little sweat heart who is having a ball being free to do as he pleases. He also roped me into watching monty python in lego and all 4 indiana jones movies tonight. It hurts to laugh, but the smile on his face when he saw the MP in Lego was just priceless.

That and my ex showed up at the door unannounced telling me he didn't have the things that came up missing when he moved out. I was able to tell him exactly what I thought of him bc my son was inside watching Indie and didn't care to see his father. It wasn't nice but it felt good to get it out.

I couldn't bring myself to cancel my lawn service for a few weeks b/c he asked me out and I turned him down and felt bad. The next day someone I used to work with said he has always like me but was married and now he is a free man and wanted to let me know before he didn't have a chance. So now i think I am seeing someone. Very strange and unexpected, but isn't that how good things start?

blech, i just hate feeling physically terrible but good mentally.
  2. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

There were ppl that acted like having a baby at an advanced age was the worst thing to have happen. I think i understand but my small son is the joy of my life. If not for him id never get off the couch. I know i wouldnt laugh as much. And i dont hurt for kisses and hugs either. He says he doesnt want to grow up cos he doesnt want to ever move out lol. Suuure...he says that now...but the time will come. Too soon. And whats this about seeing someone hmm? Details...we need details!
  3. kat211

kat211 New Member

It sucks that I have to do this all on my own, but it has really changed me. I've always been an independent and strong person, but now it is different. I used to pay to have something done without ever thinking about doing it myself. Now I know I can do it and the fact that I am doing it all on my own and I am sick, it makes me feel so powerful and proud. I also know that I am teaching my son a lesson that will stay with him for life. I used to just ignore or get mad a poor behavior, now I just don't allow it in my life.

A big part of it is that I am not going to allow fibro to define me or stop me. I have lost enough in my life, I will not allow anything else to slip by or be taken. I know I have arthritis in my spine and neck, i have fibro, and i have a closed head injury. I am just going to get worse as I get older so I am going to take advantage of all that I have when I have it.

That said, I now need to crawl across the nasty attic and make sure the roof isn't leaking b/c we are expecting rain today. Of course the area that blew off couldn't be near the access and has to be as far away from it as possible.

Not much to say about the guy I'm dating. My son likes him (they met when we were just friends.) It is just weird b/c I don't want to lose our friendship. I was also completely blindsided and baffeled when he told me about his feeling for me, b/c it was after he found out that I have fibro and all of the other things that are going on in my life. I thought anyone would run from a 'sick' person, which is fine with me b/c I don't need anyone else's drama.

I have rattled on enough.