irritating cough/tickly throat

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by Noz, Jun 28, 2004.

1. Noz

Noz New Member

when I was quite ill I used to get regular irritating coughs & coughed up a lot of muck,& a feeling of something stuck in my throat, does anybody else have this, I'm just wandering if this is another symptom of the dd
    Noz
  2. pepper

pepper New Member

Could this be post-nasal drip? I get that most of the time especially when I eat certain foods - allergies?

When I was on low dose Doxycycline, this went away completely for the first time in 11 yrs.

Because of that, my doctor thinks that the post-nasal drip might be one sign of a stealth infection.

Pepper
  3. MemoryLane

MemoryLane New Member

Have you ever had a lung function test (spirometry)? You may have a form of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. The spirometry measures lung capacity and is a simple test to perform.

COPD is a progressive loss of airflow in lungs caused primarily by chronic inflammation in the airways and lung tissue. There are many different forms of COPD - Chronic bronchitis and Emphysema are just two. People with Asthma can also develope COPD as well as people who are obese.

My sister has chronic lung inflammation. Every year she gets either bronchitis or pneumonia. She is like you - always clearing her throat and coughing up thick muck.

There is no cure for COPD, but early detection can lead to changes that slow the progressive loss of lung function, improve your symptoms and quality of life and can help prevent flare-ups that can land you in the hospital.

Hope this helps,
    Lane
  4. Noz

Noz New Member

Thanks for the help, I dont have any problems with my lungs & I dont have the problem now, I was just trying to work out if it was a common problem with ME or just something else.
    Noz