Is a CuddleEwe really worth it?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SweetT, Jul 31, 2006.

1. SweetT

SweetT New Member

Hi group,

Yes, I searched this topic and really never saw an overwhelming response that indicated that the CuddleEwe is worth the $316+ that it costs. I feel that it would be great in the wintertime, as it gets really cold because I live close the lake, which makes me ache even more. Any replies would be appreciated.

My daughter said, "you won't be able to sleep. you'll be itching all night with that wool."
    [This Message was Edited on 07/31/2006]
  2. artseyone

artseyone New Member

SweetT,
    Just my thoughts on the cuddleewe.
    A dr recommended that I get one and I did...You don't even know that it's wool, so no scratches..

It flattens w/age and it's effectiveness is lessened..
    You could look into the memory foam toppings too.
    I have one of those an alternate between the two..
    Since we are all different w/different kinds of pain it may work for you..I haven't slept w/o some topping on my bed in the 5years i've had it..
    Once it flattens, you cannot fluff it back up..the matting balls up on at corners and where you don't need the padding.

Hope you get relief,
    Arrseyone
  3. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

Hey there SweetT,

Wow, $316 for a CuddleEwe. I read the posts on this topic a few weeks ago and I looked at them online here.

I have a REALLY nice fluffy kind of mattress pad/protector that, to me, looks similar to the CuddleEwe. I can't use the mattress pad because I can't stand anything lumpy or whatever under me when I sleep. It hurts.

I know everyone is different. But I prefer a memory foam matress topper with a smooth matress pad/protector. My sheets do not seem to get as wrinkled and bunched up under me either with the memory topper as I toss and turn through the night.

BTW, I paid 270$ for a queen size, 3 inch, memory foam mattress topper WITH matress pad/protector, and no shipping $$. If you are interested, the website is www.healthyfoundations.com

Good luck with your decision.