Is an inner thigh shooting pains be a symptom for urinary tract

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mastersinger, Jan 30, 2003.

1. mastersinger

mastersinger New Member

For those of you with recurrent urinary tract infections,did you ever have a pins and needle sporadic shooting pain in your inner thigh? Thought it was fM,but believe it probably is this. I just came off of 10 day supply of Biaxin. Thanks! Also, how many of you have had a colonoscopy? Mastersinger
  2. pam_d

pam_d New Member

It's been a while since I had an actual UTI (I get cystitis sporadically) but I do remember that feeling of getting pain down the inner thigh, so you might check this out.

My Dad has colon cancer, so I had a colonoscopy earlier than a person normally would. I found it pretty easy (the toughest part is what they refer to as "bowel prep" the night before-----you will become "one" with your toilet!). The actual procedure is simple, and because you are drugged (they usually use something like an IV with demerol & valium-----I'm allergic to valium, so I did demerol solo) you don't notice time passing, you'll be woozy but comfortable. Mine took about 15-20 minutes, but I swear it only felt like about 5 minutes had passed. The nice thing is, it's one of those tests where the results are immediate; you don't have an agonizing waiting period. Make sure you are driven home afterward, it takes a while before the woozy feeling wears off. But don't be nervous about it, it is actually easier than you think it will be.

Good luck,
    Pam

[ advertisement ]