Is anybody totally pain free?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by minkanyrose, Mar 18, 2007.

1. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

i am on neurontin; amitriptylin; paxil; xannax; protonix; and vicodine when days are unbarable.

I guess what I want to know is does anyone have total pain free days. I am in dule pain always around a 2-3 even on meds except when I take vicodine and I take that maybe 3-4 times a month. then I am so sleepy I can't stay awake.

Thank you for your replies just trying to find out if this is normal for us FM people.

Brenda

2. clerty

clerty New Member

But my pain is getting worse I do have days when it is not bad but I do ache most days I would rather go down the homeopathic route as tablets make me realy sick.
  3. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Years ago, I had a doc that prescribed me fentanyl duragesic patches. While I was on these, I would have some pain free days.

I do believe the reason for this was because I jumped from Vicodin to Fentanyl..which IMO, is a huge jump..atleast for me. I did take myself off of them because I was only 22 years old and felt that I did not want to run out of pain med options young in life.

But if I had progressed though the varying degrees of pain medication and ended up on the patches somewhere down the road instead of jumping on them...I do not think I would have gotten those pain free days that I experienced...probably because I didnt have a high a tolerance to opiates back then.
    But I do feel I was lucky to have those pain free days.

Steph
  4. nev

nev New Member

but I do have a couple hour periods a week where I don't notice any pain. One time is when I volunteer at church in our Awana program on Wed nights. It's like my body kicks into high gear. Afterwards my head is swirling and I am in sensory overload. Thursday is recovery day. Doing much of anything the day after an outing is out of the question. My DH usually wants me to go grocery shopping on thursdays with the 3 little ones. He won't listen and refuses to even try to understand. He says I'm broken, I say I'm in pain and feel like crap, achy etc. Do you think I actually WANT to feel this way? DUH, the answer is no!

sorry my response turned into a rant, thanks for listening.

restful sleep to all,
    nev
  5. mujuer

mujuer New Member

The weather has been warming up here and we have had a few days in the low 70's and on those days-no pain at all! What a reprieve. HOWEVER, the rls does start up when I go to bed and I have to take my requip but on those days I feel normal and it feels so good. It was like that for me late last spring and summer and then I crashed in a big way come the fall.
  6. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Some days are worse than others, some hours are worse than others!

I'm not pain free even on my meds. I take hydrocodone (I can take up to three a day) I also have tramadol. I don't find the tramadol as effective, but the doctor said I could take both at the same time if I need to or take the tramadol between doses of hydrocodone. The pain meds do reduce my pain and I'm still able to work.

I take a muscle relaxer at night but not in the day time because it makes me sleepy.

Taking celebrex helps my pain because I have arthritis and a lot of inflammation. I can't take the celebrex as often as I need it because it makes my stomach hurt.

[This Message was Edited on 03/19/2007]
  7. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

i am on gabepentin and takek Tylenol #3 for pain, never more that 2 a day. Tomorrow I go to PCP for exam, etc. to find out what to take, etc. Wish me good luck.

Gentle hugs
  8. minkanyrose

minkanyrose New Member

I appreciate it I felt that I should be able to have some pain free time looks like just a wishful thinking thing. I can have pain free time if I want to be a sleepy airhead and I don't so I just have to tolerate the pain as best I can.

nev sorry to hear your hubby doesn't fully understand I know how that feels. Wishing you some restful nights and days so you may be able to take care of what needs done and so you can take care of your self also. Hubby is a big boy I am sure he can take care of some things himself and if he doesn't like that you can't go shopping on thurs. then maybe he could give you a break and take the 3 little ones with him and get it done, maybe then he would be more understanding.

wishing everyone a great day.
    Brenda

[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2007]
  9. Clay2

Clay2 New Member

I have trigger points.

I'm on everything you are, Brenda, except amitriptylin. Plus trazodone, and I've just moved up to percocet.

I just got saliva test results back, and my cortisol is very low in the morning. I knew something was wrong about 6 weeks ago, because i started waking up very depressed and anxious - far more than normal. At the same time my pain began coming on in the morning instead of just the afternoon. I'm really hopeful that fixing my adrenals will bring some relief. I think part of my problem is just that I feel pain more than others. There's been some research about something called Substance P in the brain that causes this.