Is anyon else obsessed with their poop?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Oct 1, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Every time I go, I look in the toilet to see if anything wierd is going on..blood, wierd colors, etc. I think I'm obsessed with it. I know this is wierd but i have alternating constipation and diarrhea with my IBS and I'm always worried about seeing blood. I know this is strange!

meow
  2. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

It saved my life..I saw blood streaks in my stool..polyps..one was an early caner..I AM FINE..not to scare you...but do not delay..just to be sure...ok???? Could ne nothing but better to find out.
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Well I know I have hemorrhoids but my doc told me to increase my fiber, blah blah blah...I'm only 30 and I sometimes think they don't take young people seriously regarding cancer and stuff.
  4. Flaxen

Flaxen New Member

I had streaks of blood in my stool...I had early colon cancer...my sister died of it...better safe than sorry.Have you had a colonoscopy? Please see a gastro.Love,Flaxen
  5. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So I tend to be obsessed with my rear end...

I just happened to come from the health food store getting a "Nature's Secret Natural Cleanse" for colon and liver...
    For some reason, I have seen tons of infomercials on this subject (Funny, my gastro has never mentioned this, just adds more meds to the problem)lately and thought to myself "after having UC for 10 years, being in denial, taking meds, not taking meds, I think this may be a big part of my medical condition contributing to every other problem I have"...So Monday, I will start the 30 day cleanse, with my luck (being over sensitive to things) something strange will happen...I am hopeful and going into it with a positive attitude...

Meowchowchow, you are not strange for looking in the toidy, in fact, that's one thing we have control over, any changes in bowel habits can certainly signal something serious, as long as when you see blood or notice these changes you get help for it...I recommend a colonoscopy if you are having any signs of bleeding or uncontrolled IBS at least as a baseline for the future...Could save your life!

The first time I saw blood I called my PCP...The moron (my pet name for him) did all these fecal occult tests and found nothing...Imagine that, I see blood on the tissue, in the stool and FEEL like I am bleeding internally, but he finds nothing...Of course, while he keeps informing me that FMS is all in my head, now he thinks I see blood...My gastro does a sigmoidoscopy...gets similar results...I then demand a colonoscopy and a few biopsies are taken...Diagnosis~ACUTE ULCERATIVE COLITIS! I knew it all along because I researched my symptoms and knew before the biopsy was done...

Anyhoo, I went off and running on another subject that I know all too well...I just keep thinking that I may have something to offer to someone by sharing details of all of my horrible conditions and experiences...

Sorry you have to suffer with this and if you see or feel something of concern, get help, research and get answers...~Alicia
  6. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

Dr OZ talked about this on Oprah. HE said it was really important to look at your poop and yes Oprah does it too and so do I! Where else could we talk about poop than this board?? Gotta love it! Lynn
  7. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Looking is an entertainment for me. Lets me know if I need more water, should chew better, lay off nuts for awhile. To the homebound, anything and everything is interesting. To me, anyway. :)

Have you noticed anything odd though? If so, maybe the doctor can look too.

take care (( ))
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

I get excited when the mail comes every day! Entertainment comes in all forms! Lynn
  9. Chelz

Chelz New Member

Hello,

No, you are not strange. If you are, then I am too, LOL. I always look in the toilet after I go. I have IBS too, and I also check for weird colors, consistency, blood.

The reason I started checking is because one day I noticed mucus on my stool. My doctor, at the time, told me it was consistent with IBS symptoms, and it can look scary.

I also have different colored stools all the time. Sometimes they are very light in color, or kind of dark.

I get the alternating constipation with the diarrhea as well. Don't think it is strange,BUT, if you notice lots of streaks of blood, don't hesitate the call the doctor, it could be just hemmoroids, but, get it checked out anyways. Dont' worry, you are not strange. Hugs, Chelz.
  10. dancingstar

dancingstar New Member

I'm sorry to bring up all these things...but during the time I was taking Effexor, I couldn't go poop to save my life. Just thought I was getting old or it was one more thing that was wrong with me.

Then, when I quit, I thought I had colitis cause I couldn't stay out of the bathroom. I did tons of reading, and there's lots of side effects that I wasn't aware of, and it turns out that all these stomach problems are potential side effects of SSRIs/SNRIs. May not be a problem for everyone, but it is such an annoyance for those of us that have the problem.

Maybe you can research cymbalta online at the official drug company web site and see if the problem you are having is listed as one of their potential side effects.
  11. JLH

JLH New Member

We just went over this not too long ago, didn't we?!!!!!!

You can probably do a search on the subject and find a lot more comments!!