is anyone afraid to go to sleep?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sixtyslady, Apr 8, 2006.

1. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

Does anyone feel scared to go to sleep.?
    I"m always tired but i get scared at bed time. I"m afraid I"ll wake up with a new symtom. I"m not feeling quite so weak in the middle of the night like I was last week but still have a fear when I wake up. I can"t sleep in the day time because I don"t want to wake up alone. I always feel really strange in the morning it takes me a good half hour before I feel like I know whats going on.I feel totally like a big baby.last night I dreamt all night and I would wake up crying.my kids haven"t had anything to do with me since this past fall and now they want to get together for Easter, but I"m so hurt that I don"t think I can go. IT"s not that I can"t forgive them but If I have to leave because I can"t take all the noise or I get really fatiqued they"ll think I"m putting on a act.they think I"m doing this for attention.my heart is so broken because they don"t trust my judgement enough to know that I"m really sick.my husband crys because we don"t get to see our grandkids anymore, and I feel its all because of me.
    I think I"d stand a better chance of getting over this flare if my family would just treat me normal well enough .
    feeling bad and thanks for letting me vent. hope everyone has a good week-end Hugs Sixtyslady
  2. deb06

deb06 New Member

Its just not easy is it?!

When in doubt I ask myself- What would Jesus do?

So I would forgive them for not knowing any better. I would go thinking only of the love you do have for them, and your husband has for them. I would also feel free to leave if need be.

Don't worry about what anyone else thinks, or put extra pressure on yourself, don't worry about anyone else's behavior. We can only control ourselves, and sometimes we have a hard time just handling that! ha ha.

Just let every in the past be in the past and start new on Easter. A good time for a new beginning!

God Bless You, and I will pray right now that you feel good that day and that you may have only forgiveness and love in your heart.

Luv, Deb
  3. sixtyslady

sixtyslady Member

thanks so much for your advice and prayers. your right Easter is a good time to start anew. I"m just so fragile right now I don"t want to cry.I just need the help of my daughters so much right now at this time in my life and I feel so abandoned.what would Jesus do? I know he"ll give me the strenght to get through the Day .I'm just so wore out from crying about this that I can"t think straight.thank you again and God BLess you.
    Sixtyslady
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Pre-illness, I was the strong one; always helping & being counselor (both professionally & personally). But when this illness got me, I slowly had to back off. I tried for the first several years to keep contact, but both mother & daughter became angry at my lack of connection.

Both have their own illnesses, but I can no longer help them. Finally I totally disconnected from my mother, and only very occasionally talk to my daughter, as inevitably she'll zing me for something. Usually my lack of "motherhood"!!

No choice anymore; forcing is gone, and I live moment to moment. Husband has come to understand that we can't plan anything.

I have no guilt about this; only know I have to honor myself, since the others don't.

LIGHT************carole
  5. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

6. matthewson

matthewson New Member

Boy, I know how you feel! I have been having a problem with my daughter not understanding why I can't just work 8 hours and then go to her house for dinner at 7:00 pm mind you! I am physically unable to do much after a day of working, and I certainly can't take all the hubbub of activity with a bunch of people even if it is family!

I sent my husband and son to her house for dinner and told them to tell her that I had a headache. I really didn't, I just didn't have the energy to go. I am going to have to sit her down and explain to her that if she wants me to come for dinner it has to be on a day that I am off work and earlier than 7 pm!

As far as having problems in the morning, I know what you mean too. I was having panic attacks on waking up a few months ago, but they seem to have subsided now. They were awful! I started upping my magnesium intake, because it is supposed to help with panic attacks and that finally did the trick after a few weeks. Maybe you could either add more magnesium or if you don't take it, try and add some to your regiment. I would ask your Dr. first if it is okay.

I just can't get over how WEIRD this DD is! Honestly, I never thought I would end up this way! I always had plenty of energy to spare!

Take care, Sally
  7. lucysmom2

lucysmom2 New Member

I can totally relate to your post. I dread going to sleep at night as I know how terrible I'm going to feel when I wake up in the morning. I don't feel like myself until about an hour after I wake up, have to drag myself to the shower and feel like I have cobwebs in my brain, feel weak and trembly, etc. It's a lousy way to start the day. I've been to a number of doctors about this condition, but none of them seem to know what it is. Never was like this before fibro. I also tend to think "what would I do if I was alone?" I'm projecting the future before it happens.
    Have had fibro for 3 and a half years but this symptom started about a year ago. I pray it goes away soon.
    So very frustrating. Sorry to be such a downer because once the morning fog lifts, I do feel a lot better. Just hate bedtime.