Is anyone else afraid of using the garbage disposal?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jen102, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

My brain is often so fogged over, I am afraid that I will turn on the garbage disposal and stick my hand down it, or turn on the disposal instead of the light. I do such silly things sometimes. I could see something having dropped into the disposal and my brain just saying, "reach in and pull it out" before turning it off. Am I alone in this concern or do others share it? Jen102
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

went for neuro testing and nothing was found. ha! that could be your problem--and mine too. Jen102
  3. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

thanks. jen102[This Message was Edited on 02/20/2006]
  4. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Gigi,
    Thanks for the laugh, there is nothing to find in my head either. lol You are not alone.

Jen102,
    The only thing I'm afraid of is turning on the garbage disposal and having a ton of the stuff come out of the sink, like a bomb, because hubby forgot to run it.

Also my hands are wet a lot of times and I use a paper towel to touch the switch to turn it on. That switch and all the switches in the kitchen should be hooked up to a ground fault circuit, but they aren't.

The garage and bathrooms are hooked up to the same ground fault circuit.

Hugs,
    Faye
  5. bettydroop

bettydroop New Member

Now I thought I WAS the only person who used a paper towel to turn on the disposal! LOL hmmm, never know just how many thing s people have in common that they didnt think ANY ONE in the whole entire world did things as you do.

Boy I have more, Im just not gonna say unless someone ELSE goes first. lol
  6. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

Bettydroop,
    I have to use a paper towel because I don't want to get electrocuted.

I also use a paper towel to turn the water off at the sink so I won't drip water on the spout and have to clean it up. I have a paper towel in every bathroom for that. Talk about being tidy... lol

Hugs,
    Faye
  7. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Start using a wooden spoon to scrape food down the drain. I don't mean sticking the spoon in the disposal, but don't even use your hand in the sink when washing stuff down the drain.

[This Message was Edited on 02/21/2006]