IS ANYONE ELSE COLD LATELY???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jeanne-in-Canada, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I've had some major chills lately, like now, bbrrrrr. I'm wondering if I'm just slow to climatize as usual, or if its my weaker adrenals? I am showing other signs of weak adrenals, but it is significantly cooler lately, more spring or fall weather than summer.

JEanne
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

3. blueski31717

blueski31717 New Member

Yea my feet stay cold.
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Me too, and its 104* here today! I'm in jean leggings, black cotton socks with heavy tops, a cotton shirt and cotton sweater!

LOL, a nabor came over to swim with my DP, and I went out in the 104* weather to say hi and chat for 30 min., and I was not even hot!

They're in swimsuits, me in leggings...sure, I fit right in :)

It's the hypothalamus...doesn't work correctly, and controls body temp. I am never going to get to wear my new shorts, I guess. Don't know why I bothered to buy them!

Keep warm, jeanne and sharon...we wouldn't want to get sick! :)

Love it,
    findmind
  5. shartau

shartau New Member

It has been 26C inside lately. S. Alberta. And I too have been feeling chilled.
    As a PWC of twenty years I expect that the cardiac issue my be the cause of
    my problems.Swollen feet and signs of burst RBS's. I have to wonder If my body is attempting to shut down my thyroid, should I be trying to boost with synthroid. Seems rediculus to have to turn up heat in late Sept. I was on an adrenal boster, But as it was bovine source I quit. Mad cow. Enough wrong with me already.
    Good luck with your investigation. I can symphatize. TTFN
  6. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

My Raynaud's kicked in a few weeks ago and last week when the COOL fall-like weather started, my spine got cold and that's that...

I get chilled to the bone from now til May...So glad it came REAL early this year...Not even my heat packs or hot baths help with this...And let's not even talk about the wind...Summer wind bothers me, fans and ac's hurt me more BUT cold wind KILLS me...

Is there anything that doesn't bother us? I sometimes think that I am just getting more sensitive in my old age (39) but then remember that as far back as I can recall I had that symptom...Started around 3 years of age...

Get your favorite banky and fleece socks (mine have Winnie the Pooh on them,tehe,my fellow suffering sister sent them to me from AZ)and bundle up, fall is apparently here and winter is coming...YAY...NOT!

I may become a sinner so when I leave this earth, I go below where it's always warm, so I heard...tehe...Only Kidding

Peaceful days ahead~Alicia
  7. 1975jet

1975jet New Member

Yes, i was wondering the same thing- of course I live in the colders climate- BUT I have noticed if it gets below seventy even my nose stays cold- I was always a warm blooded person.. My feet stay cold and my hands-air conditioning drives me nuts BUT helps when it is humid.

What the heck can it be? I get the chills,too alot.
    Janet
  8. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have been haveing Hot Cold Hot Cold moments all week. I think I'm trying to get my body ready for winter Hybernation LOL
  9. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

I can only wish....
  10. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

How about severe heat? I have become heat tolerant. I keep the thermostat set for 68 in the summer and can only wear loose cotton clothes. I used to be so cold natured.

I have no idea what is going on with my body.
  11. Jeanne-in-Canada

I figured out what ws happening though. I started SAD early August and lowered body temp and chills are of the lovely symptoms. That explains why I was in that dreadful mood on my bday.

Jeanne
  12. purplepooh

purplepooh New Member

I live in new york , bronx.
    I have cold hands and feet. i wear two pears of soax ans gloves in the house ans my 4 year old things i'm nuts. he tells me mom there is no snow outside. but i feel cold and i have to do it so it wont heard is much.

Melissa
  13. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

Jeanne after a whole summer of sweating, heat rashes etc. now I am cold. There is no happy temperature for me. My thermostat has been broken for years.

hugs Marion (Redwillow)