Is anyone else sleepy?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GinnyB, Jan 17, 2009.

1. GinnyB

GinnyB New Member

Does anyone else have trouble with falling asleep during the day? There are times, nearly every day, when I simply can't keep my eyes open. This morning I got up a little after eight, had a cup of coffee that was half milk, and a bowl of mandarin oranges topped with cottage cheese. By the time I'd finished eating I had to lie down on the couch, and didn't wake up until noon. By 9 p.m. I fell asleep on the couch again. I have gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach) and can't get the medicine I need for it--$1000 a month that the insurance won't cover. Also, I've started taking GLA supplements. Could either of these things be making me sleepy? bump
  2. spacee

spacee Member

My sis had a co worker with gastroparesis who went from being the one who did two people's job at one time to being very fatigued. So, I am saying...possibly that is the cause of it.

I have the problem too but not because of gastroparesis. Ritalin is the only thing I have found that helps me. I take the 5 mg three-four times a day. It costs about $10 a month for that.
    I don't know what is making me sleep that much...thyroid, autimmune, adrenals. Or all of those.

A little journal of how much you sleep during the day for a week to take to your doc might help the doc understand how disabling it is.

Hugs to you,

3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Oh heck ya. There are days that I can barely keep my eyes open. I have Fibro - my sleep is a little messed up anyway. On the weekends (work during the week) or when I'm sitting at my laptop before I go to work, I actually fall asleep sitting up.
    I think a lot of us here are exhausted and fatigued.
  4. Engel

Engel New Member

I am told this is very common with FMS & CFS (I have both). Plus all the meds I take add to it also.