Is anyone else taking Prozac along with Flexeril?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nonamesleft, Oct 21, 2005.

1. nonamesleft

nonamesleft New Member

I am currently taking 20mg Prozac per day for depression/anxiety. I have just been diagnosed with Fibro and the Rheumy suggested I take Flexeril at night. He prescribed 10mg. I have only taken 5mg the past two nights because I read that it shouldn't be taken with Prozac, unless you speak with your dr. first. Dr. knows I am on prozac. Anyone else?
  2. beverly20024

beverly20024 New Member

I take 10 mg. of Prozac with breakfast and 10 or 20 mg. of flexeril at night to help with TMJ clenching during sleep. I haven't had any problems at all with drug interactions. My doctor is well aware of what I'm taking and he wasn't concerned at all. Perhaps it's a non-issue because I don't take them together?

Take care!

Bev
    [This Message was Edited on 10/21/2005]
  3. tonakay

tonakay New Member

4. lcaldwell

lcaldwell New Member

i take both drugs. i have had no problems. they both are very helpful in my struggle. you may not notice it at first; give them both time to work. i am starting to feel alive again!

God bless!
  5. therxmouse

therxmouse New Member

of those meds for a couple of years. No problem so far. The Flexeril is a life saver for me. If I don't take it every night I really feel like poop the next morning. Everyone is different though so what works for some may not be for you. All you can do is try it and hope for some relief.