Is anyone familiar with the supplement D-Ribose?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobearl, Jun 10, 2006.

1. bobearl

bobearl New Member

D-Ribose or Ribose is listed many places on the internet as a treatment for fibromyalgia. I am interested in hearing from anyone with first hand experience with this supplement. When I googled this name it comes up with many
    hits including those of some holistic style doctors who claim it works. Of course, it's expensive and some of these doctors sell their own versions of it. I'd much rather hear from someone who has used it and can speak to the results they had.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/10/2006]
  2. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I just saw something about this yesterday on the message board. Search it and you will find a few people who have tried it. I can't say I've given it a fair shot; I took a bit and it seemed to make me anxious, just like sucrose does. Diane
  3. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

I used it for energy and to help ATP production, it worked fo5r about 3 weeks, I definately felt more energetic, but then it stopped woring for me. That's when I realized that I had other issues that needed dealing with first. Viral, yeast problems etc.

I an going to try it again soon, once these supps I'm on now have had a chance to work.
  4. forfink

forfink New Member

Went to a seminar by Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, author of From Fatigue to Fantastic. In his talk he recommended we all take D-Ribose, he has seen promising results and urged us to try it.
    Our health food store has it on order and I will attempt to purchase some next week. I just started on his super vitamin regime, I'm excited to feel better.

After 20 years, I've never done the super vitamin route. I've been on it 3 days, I could be nuts, but I really do feel better. The company ENSYMATIC carries all kinds of vitamins. I purchased the ones he recommends.
  5. forfink

forfink New Member

You can also read about D-Ribose on Dr. Teitelbaum's website www.endfatigue.com
  6. redtex

redtex New Member

i did not feel any different. it is suppossed to be good for your heart.
  7. bobearl

bobearl New Member

Great Posts!

Sure was nice of you folks to respond to my posting regarding D-Ribose. Thanks redtex for speaking about your 3 month experience with it. Forfink I'll be checking out the website you mentioned. Hope you can let us know Tantallon, when you resume your supplementation. Diane your experience of having a reaction from the content was interesting. Seems this product is a pure sugar derivative, no wonder it can make you anxious.

Thanks,

Bob Earl
  8. dannybex

dannybex Member

for more replies, personal experiences...

THANKS

dan