Is anyone having good results with Lyrica?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by xkopy, Oct 12, 2008.

1. xkopy

xkopy New Member

I have just started taking lyrica for 5 days now and have really good results. No side effects so far. My nurologist told me to take 2 to 3 pills a day. (75mg). I only seem to read negitive things about this drug. I was afraid to take it but needed to do something for the pain in my legs so I started it. So far so good. I can now do things that I couldn't do for a while now. Because most of the pain is gone. Keep me motivated and tell me some good stories about Lyrica.
  2. Mom2SixBoys

Mom2SixBoys New Member

I have been on Lyrica for a little more than a month and love it! I too had horrible pain in my legs and it works great for the pain. I take 400 mg a day. I did notice a weight gain and already had edema from excess fluid so I am not sure if I would notice swelling. I am willing to trade minor side effects for the pain relief.
  3. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

There's a post a little farther down the page of someone asking the same question - with some great responses from people who have had great success with Lyrica!
    It works wonderfully for some people - I wish you continued success.

4. jmq

jmq New Member

I have been on it for about three weeks. Doing it slowly...only taking 75 mg 2 times a day and LOVE it. Not only has it lessened my pain but also given me a bit more energy. I still get "bouts" of sleepiness, but not like before. I am very pleased...and have not had any side effects so far. KNOCK ON WOOD!

5. dragon06

dragon06 New Member

I have been on Lyrica for 3 years now and I am very happy with it. It helps with my nerve pain, IBS and stomach spasms. Even though I do still have to take other meds with the Lyrica it has made a huge improvement in my life.

I had some side effects in the beginning but they went away as I got used to the med. And like another poster said I am willing to trade some side effects for the relief I get from Lyrica.

I have no intention of stopping this drug. I take 600mg a day.
  6. WhoSaid

WhoSaid New Member

I have been on Lyrica for just over one month. I take 75mg twice a day and it has made a huge difference for me.
    The pain in my uppre back and neck are completely gone for the first time in years!
    I can actually lay down and go to sleep. For the longest time I had serious trouble with that.
    I had some side affects for a while but they are easing up a lot now that I am adjusting.
    I also hate taking medicine and normally do not take it no matter what but this time I am sticking with it because it works!
    Being pain free has also helped my mood. You know how grumpy you get when you hurt badly with no relief.
    Good luck with the Lyrica. Gratz on the no sides.
  7. my rheumatologist says 90 percent of his patients lyrica has let they lead a pretty normal life.

Myself it helped alot at first, then it seemed to lessen. Recently I went down on the mgs. and my head pain started up again , this was the reason I started taking it. The dr. said that I was having muscle spasms. so it does help. I was having some edema problems and hand shaking, but both are still here so maybe it isn't the lyrica? This is all so hard this dd. good luck!

there is alot of threads on lyrica, type it in search.