Is anyone hot and cold at the same time??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Jan 3, 2003.

1. achy

achy New Member

I have NEVER felt anything like this before. I am in bed...shivering cause I am cold...but yet I am sewaty and hot at the same time!! Am I totally loosing it?

This is really bothering the little sleep i do get. I see every hour of the clock. Awake, asleep all night.
    I can't take this anymore
    Warm Fuzzies
    Achy
  2. marcus1243

marcus1243 New Member

Have you been dx'd with fibro? It sounds more like CFS to me. It typically causes thermo dysregulation and the body's heating and cooling systems go way out of whack. I'm sorry you're going through this, and I hope it passes for you soon!
    --Marcus
  3. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

cause I'm normally freezing when I go to bed but during the day I'm cold but my face feels flushed and hot.
  4. beh43

beh43 New Member

Hi Achy,

I have the same problem. Right now I am freezing. I have put on a shirt and in a few minutes I will be too hot. When I take off the shirt I will get chills and be freezing again. My hands are like ice and I will still be too hot. I have used the A/C when it is 35 degrees outside. I have been diagnosed with Dysautonomia and have no control over my body temp.. My temp. is usually below normal. Many times my waking temp. is 94. I have been checked for thyroid problems with negative results. After 10 years I got the AD diagnosis. If your thyroid checks out okay try a tilt table test. If it is negative see someone at an autonomic dysfunction center. I was diagnosed at Vanderbilt in Nashville TN. Do you ever have rapid heart rate? If so see a see a cardiologist that studies the electrical functions of the heart he will point you in the right direction for an AD diagnosis.

I have dx of CFS, OI, NMH, POTS, and 2 blood clotting disorders.

Good Luck,
    beh
    [This Message was Edited on 01/03/2003]
  5. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

What if you can't go to a Dysautonomia center? What type of doctor should you go to to find out if you have it or not? Thanks.

Annette2
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I wake up sweating most nights, I just drench the sheets, I have to launder them constantly. I just now opened the back door, my hubby & son are in bed thank God, hubby would never let me do that if he knew, it is winter and I am in Wash State.

I have mentioned this to doc but he seems unconcerned, hormones check out normal.

Back & forth all day long between sweating & freezing. It is always especially bad after I shower, I have to open the bedroom window all the way, I get drenched for about an hour non stop. Usually my clothes get soaked as I dress.

Jaci
  7. dlizard

dlizard New Member

all this time I figured it was "just me".... hahahahaha silly me... this has started this year.... freezing like I'm dying/ you can only be THIS cold if you are dying right? .... then so hot you're sweating..... for me its all day AND all night long and has been for about three months now... my doctor says "deal with it" Good luck....
  8. rbtheidmanhabs

rbtheidmanhabs New Member

Hi achy!
    Yes I get like that all the time.One minute I'm to hot.I put the ceiling fan on then I get too cold and have to bundle up.I am like that all most every day.
    Bob
  9. Spoonerpaws

Spoonerpaws New Member

So glad to hear so many others are in the same boat!

I am hot as heck one minute so, and then freezing the next.

I am opening windows and it is snowing outside.

My husband thinks I am nuts!

10. achy

achy New Member

I am amazed and so thankful I am not an odd-ball. But at the same time sorry you suffer too. It is soooo frustrating.
    My thyroid test TSH only came back low normal, Dr put me on cytomel but I had stopped taking it, thinking I didn't see any effect....I am back on it as of yesterday...we'll see what happends. Will also get Estrogen checked...past due for trip to Gyne..too many other Dr appts.
    How do you get diag wiht Dysen.....? Can my GP do tests??
    I have FM,CF,IBS, and a host of other goodies.....

Warm fuzzies
    and thanks for all your help
    Achy
  11. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

Hi Susan, can you tell me what you take for the herpes 6 virus, I am thinking maybe I already take the right thing for that, I am on valtrex.......and what dosage are you on of anti viral and how often?

Thanks,
    Jaci
  12. WizzerMama323

WizzerMama323 Member

Ohh, thank GOD for this site!! I can't understand why so many people haven't commented in here for YEARS, though..ohh, well..i finally found out thru this site that i am NOT ALONE!!! I am hot & cold all at the very same time and no one but you guys will understand this feeling. I have CAD (Coronary Artery Disease) and i've had a mild heart attack, so using hormones to counteract all these horrific feelings isn't even possible. :'(
    My thyroid was checked last year and results came back normal...is there something else i need to be looking for? Any other possibilities as to what could be causing this, as well as a possible effective treatment? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!
  13. WizzerMama323

WizzerMama323 Member

Does anyone still respond to this thread? Please say yes! :(
  14. WizzerMama323

WizzerMama323 Member

I'm hearing nothing but an echo...please, Lord, let SOMEONE who knows more than i do about this, have some kind of answer for me...:(
  15. dmcduck

dmcduck Active Member

I suffer similar issues. I wake up in the night sweating like crazy. I throw the covers off and 2 minutes later, I'm freezing. Pull a cover back on and start sweating. Once it starts, it's covers on, covers off, covers on, covers off for hours.
  16. Auntie Em

Auntie Em Member

Yeah, me too. I really wish I had a clue why. I actually have had my feet and legs get too hot while my shoulders and arms are cold while I'm trying to fall asleep. Seriously, how do you deal with that?