Is anyone on Buspar

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lalania1970, May 18, 2006.

1. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

My doctor changed one of my meds the other day to Buspar and wondering if anyone else takes it and what you think? Does it help you? I have taken 3 now and I am feeling worse, is this a side effect that isnt listed that will go away?
  2. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Lalania1970,
    I have never heard of Buspar. What is it supposed to do and what is it used for?
    Here is BUMPING....What is feeling worse? Pain?
    Just wondering.
    Cindy
  3. Cinlou

Cinlou New Member

Lalania1970,
    I just did a post search on Buspar... put 'Buspar' in search. Maybe that can help you.
    Good Luck
    Cindy
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and you can always call your pharmacist for free advice...

jodie
  5. ilovecats94

ilovecats94 New Member

I used to be on that for anxiety and it didn't do hardly any good at all. Doctor's like to give it because one doesn't build up a tolerance to it. But it works for some people and not for others.

If you feel worse, I would stop it and call your doctor. You should be feeling better not worse.

Hugs,
    Faye

6. It rerally helped me with anxiety I also lost weight cause I ate because of depression.Look up buspiron or something like that, Ruthie
  7. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

for her anxiety and it has helped her enormously.

Good Luck with it.

Sue in Ontario
  8. Lalania1970

Lalania1970 New Member

Just an update on the buspar I took it for a total of 4 days and it got to the point where I couldnt move my shoulders or neck due to so much pain so called the DR and he took me off it and put me on xanax, which I can only take when I am ready to go to sleep as it makes me tired. But seems to be helping when I do take it.
    Lani

[ advertisement ]