is anyone on Thyrolar??

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hannahfaid, Jan 5, 2008.

1. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I was on armour then T3SR then synthroid... I know I need that T3(3 different drs)....I am thinking of telling this internist that DUH I need the combo or T3 this synthroidis doing nothing for me hair is falling out and I am having way too much cold intolerance
  2. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

doc took me off it and put me on the T3 SR...then I started seeing an internist who knows zero about this stuff but put me on the synthroid figured I'd try it it's not doing it!! I wish he'd just refer me to en endocrinologist or change the med we'll see should I ask him to go back to armour?? I am on 88 MCG of Synthroid now and I feel as bad as I did before I ever got on thyroid meds
  3. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

everyone has switched me so many times over the last year I was looking at my labs and I think armour would be best my T4 is still low and my T3 was ok but lord know what is going on now that he has screwed around with this synthroid! LOL I will request the armour on Tuesday when I see him and he can increase me when he gets labs back :)
    thank you Jam!! you are always helpful I think I was still at only a .75 when they took me off it! LOL
  4. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

should I ask him a certain dosage or do you think h will have the knowledge to start me up high enough??
  5. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

synthroid is what I am on now.... I saw this new guy and I don't even think he looked at ,my labs for 2 secs... I am going to go back to the armour!! LOL thanks again!!! I am so looking forward to getting this straightened out I hope this time he listens to me I am seeing a new guy on the 16th anyway dr hopping again still trying to find the right one
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

maybe they gave you snythroid because it is cheaper than Armour.

***also thanks for the info on what a gram is equal to. I have 1 prescr bottle that says 90 mg and one that says
    1 1/2 gr--but didn't remember dr changing the dose recently so I was alternating between the 2 bottles and now I find out it was the same amount.***
    <br>[<i>This Message was Edited on 01/05/2008</i>]
  7. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

the new dr saw my thyroid was low from the latest labs I was going to go from 50mg to 75 mg (T3 SR) before I had changed drs and started seeing him....and he asked if I ever tried synthroid and why I was never given it and why I was on the compounded T3..."I don't know!!" LOL so he wanted me to try the synthroid... well, tried it...don't work! LOL
  8. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

first and foremost! HI everyone!! its been a long time since I have been here! hope you&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    are all doing well.. As well as can be expected..&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    heres my story... I had been waking up FREEZING 96.4- 96.7 degree body temps, hair falling &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    out, nails brittle, fatigue..all the great stuff experienced when I first was DXed with &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    hypothyroidism.. So I called dr and asked if my numbers were low, could he increase my&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    armour.. I didnt get the number, but he increased me from 60mcg to 90 mcg.. in the &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    following weeks I have become very irritable, lightheaded upon standing, very nervous and &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    wired feeling, shakiness, pulse rate is 90 (im 43), more insomnia than usual, all the symptoms I &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    had are still here.. lost 3 lbs.. headaches. extremely fatigued.. I already was fatigues due to&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    the fibro..but at least I was able to get a few things done... Now I have trouble getting my &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    shower.. I pretty much get out of bed and lay on the couch all day.. Too tired to grocery shop&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    too tired to cook ANYTHING.. its BAD.. I thought it was a flare at first..but its this edginess &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    is out of control..and I feel like I am always taking a deep breath... &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    so... do you think 90mcg is too much?? Im think of cutting it in 1/4... taking my 6omcg and &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    a 1/4 of the other pill midday and see how that works... or should I just go back to my 60??&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    maybe its just the fibro causing the cold spells and hair loss and brittle nails (plus I live in &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    AZ)&lt;BR&gt;
    any suggestions advice, experiences similar are appreciated!! thank you in advance&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    soft hugs and love&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    hannah
  9. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

I was on thyrolar YEARS ago... back in 2008! I am on armour now.. that post for the &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    thyrolar started a long time ago!! LOL I guess I should have started a new thread but it was&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    funny, I was looking for answers online, just researching and it brought me back to prohealth&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    and back to my old pals here!! LOL I forgot that people who go through this are more &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    knowledgeable than the drs sometimes! haha!! well, I just took the 60mg this morning.. he &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    just threw me into that 90mg without slowly increasing me... maybe thats whats flipped my &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    system out a little.. Not like my system aint screwed up enough!! right?&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    whileI have you here... I forgot about that grapeseed stuff you rave about... how much &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    should I take?? I want to get back into supplements.. I have so many food sensitivities that I &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    am not taking any vitamins or anything now and I am probably not the picture of health.. I do&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    eat a lot of fruits and veggies.. No dairy, so I have soy milk with my cereal.. no wheat or &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    yeast, but its hard to avoid it all.. have to break down and eat a sandwich once and awhile..&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    Im on so many meds, that I forgot to take the vitamins , so I quit taking them... I have to &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    get back on my omega 3s (I was taking the krill oil whats your opinion of that?) and my milk &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    thistle.. any suggestions??? drs dont really care about the supplesments.. I have a rheumy, a&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    chiro, a internist and a psychiatrist and not one of them mentions adding supplements...&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    thank you for your suggestion on the thyroid :) appreciate it :)
  10. hannahfaid

hannahfaid New Member

wellllll, that may have something to do with why the 60mg aint doing its job!! ya think?? I &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    dont use the soy milk too often... a 1/2 gallon lasts me 3 weeks...but its obviously enough to &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    kill off the armour.. because I havent had any in 2 weeks (too tired to go shopping!!) and prior&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    to the increase I was having breakfast every morning.. dry cereal with SOY MILK!! with my 60 &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    mg armour! OK you have been UBER HELPFUL as usual Jam!! and I am going to get a new&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    bottle of grapeseed.. I still have the old bottle I bought when I first met you here 4 years &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    ago!! LOL I am going to buy a 1/2 gallon of unsweetened ALMOND MILK!! no more soy!! and &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    no more soy products!! oh jeez no one told me.. and I havent been keeping up with my &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    researching.. but the naturopath that put me on armour years ago, told me to watch my &lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    dairy..but never told me to avoid soy... hmmm.. you're a godsend jam&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    thank you AGAIN!! for helping me.. you always have the answers sweetie!!&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    u rock!!!&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;
    hannah&lt;BR&gt;
    &lt;BR&gt;