Is anyone on Wellbutrin as their only antidepressant?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dimarc, Sep 23, 2003.

1. dimarc

dimarc New Member

I have finally weaned off of Lexapro. I am only on Wellbutrin now. I am wanting to know if any of you have had success with only Wellbutrin without having an additional antidepressent. I can feel my mood has changed a bit, but I really do not want to have to add another antidepressent.
  2. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I am on Wellbutrin after finding that most everything else, did not help. I am on an anti-seizure med also for a mood stablizer, due to being diangosed as bipolar several years ago. The Wellbutrin has done more for me than anything did. I felt a tad 'hyper' and jittery the first several days, and have to take it in the mornings. It has made a difference for me!

Hope it works for you!

Kim
  3. detail

detail New Member

I tried several anti-depressants and none seemed to really help and I started to gain a lot of weight. I read that Wellbutrin did not cause weight gain so I asked to try it. I guess it works because if I don't take it for a few days, all I want to do is cry. I was also prescribed a mood stabilizer but I haven't taken it because I am afraid of all the side effects listed. How has it helped you?
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I've been on just about every type of anti-seizure med there is and I have found Lamictal to be the best for keeping myself stabalized. There are some other good ones out there too. Let me know what type you are thinking about. The big key is to start slow and look for side effects. I have had no problem with anything but neurontin, and it made me feel as if I was in a total fog 24/7 before I was even diagnosed with Fibro!!!!!

Hugs,

Kim
  5. dimarc

dimarc New Member

Thank-you for your replies. So far, I am doing okay on just the Wellbutrin. My mood is a bit down, but I have also been having a flare up so that could be why. Are anti seizures prescribed for mood stabilizing instead of another anti depressant, or are they also considered antidepressants
  6. CFIDSnME

CFIDSnME New Member

Yes, I am on Wellbutrin SR. But, this is not the only anti-depressant I am on.

Best of luck to you.

CFIDSnME

MyManySeasons@msn.com