Is anyone out there from Baton Rouge?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

Just curious.

Nikki
  2. Nikki

Nikki Member

I was curious as to whether or not there may be an active support group.

nikki
  3. artseyone

artseyone New Member

Nikki,
    can't believe you are from BR...I've lived there all my life until 2 yrs ago when I moved to Indiana for my husband's job.
    Tell me what's going on in the ole' home town...I still come to town often to visit my family.
  4. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I am, I live in the Southdowns area. Do you know a good Fibro doc in town?
  5. Nikki

Nikki Member

I see Dr. Marshall, Rheumatologist, at the BR Clinic. I like him. He is conservative. It did take a few visits to feel comfortable with him.

Sorry, I can't expand more . . . the fog is pretty thick tonight.

Please feel free to ask me anything you want. I live in Sherwood Forest . . . but, am moving this spring (but, still in BR area).

Hugs,
    Nikki
  6. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

I may check him out. I am torn whether to see a rheumy or neuro doc due to a herniated disc in my neck (C6-C7). I am setting up an appointment with Baton Rouge Physical Therapy tomorrow for an evaluation and trigger point release.
  7. Nikki

Nikki Member

I've been to BRT, but I joined Woman's Wellness Center about 3 yrs ago when I was finally dx'd. It took 3 yrs to get dx'd . . . I had vaugely heard of FM.

I have FM w/Fatigue; myofascial pain; osteoarthritis; bursitis; tendonitis. All the itises (ha). I've been battling mostly bursitis for the last month (and, of course, FM always gets jeolous & shows up too).

I was told that a Rheumatologist was the one who had to dx me . . . but, that was just my PCP saying that to me. If this is really a brain disorder (neurotransmitters firing too much & misfiring when they shd'nt be firing at all) whey not a neurologist?

I hope you find what you're looking for in a dr. It's so important to form a good relationship.

Well, got much to do today - Thurs. My son and DIL are coming from Houston. My oldest son lives here w/his wife and they will be us, too, for Thanksgiving. Plus my mom, who has Alzheimers. Just a small family gathering this year.

Hugs & Prayers,
    Nikki

[This Message was Edited on 11/21/2006]
  8. Dixie_Amazon

Dixie_Amazon Member

It took me nine years to be Dx'ed. I have FM w/fatigue, carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger thumb (just had surgery on one), a herniated disc (C6/C7), Osteoarthritis (knees), GERD and Synovitis (feet). Eek! That list is too long. My neck is the major player right now. It hurts and I have numbness in my shoulder and arm.

I guess the main thing with finding a doc is finding one that will work with you. I may try a rheumy first since Synovitis is a risk factor for RA.

My boys are all at home, ages 9, 11 and almost 13. I got a late start on my family. Several of my friends my age already have grand children. It will just be the immediate family unit Thursday.

My mother has Alzheimer's too. She is up in Arkansas. We are going to visit her after Christmas.

Take care and don't over do.

Dennise