Is anyone taking Glutathione at the moment?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kholmes, Jul 7, 2006.

1. kholmes

kholmes New Member

And is it making any noticeable difference?

McGill University in Canada has done some studies about the efficacy of Glutathione in treating autoimmune disorders.

Just wondering if this was helping anybody.

Thanks.

Kholmes
  2. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

Yes, I am taking it, 2000mg, 3x/week, IV, and have been for more than a year. I was near death, and am still very sick, but so much better. It saved my life. Read some of the articles by Rich Van Konynenburg to learn more. Blessings to you. Jen102
  3. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

I get a small amount daily in a multi that has lots of antioxidants and detoxers. I was pretty sensitive to it at first, it would cause a herx. Straight glutathione, or its precurser NAC, causes a giant herx in me. but a short course of regular glutathione (or NAC) puts a big dent in my level of MCS. I've hit it heavy, like 3 times a day for a few weeks to get over really bad allergies that were overwhelming my life.

The best natural way to get it, if you are too sensitive for supplements, is to eat lots of asparagus. It's the best natural source. You can puree it and make soup or just use a few tbsp. in your drink just to get it into you daily. Some cancer survivors swear this is what saved thier lives and they puree and freeze it to take some everyday.

Jeanne
  4. kholmes

kholmes New Member

What is "MCS"?

I've been thinking about taking Glutathione in pill form.

Kholmes
  5. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm really glad to hear that Glutathione has helped you so much. I'll take a look at the resources you mentioned.

You said you were doing it in IV form.

Is pill form ineffective for you?

Kholmes
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Thanks.

What does "nebulizing" mean?

Kholmes
  7. Jen102

Jen102 New Member

the subject of glutathione comes up off and on. I provided specifics and lots of info a few times. Would you mind looking up my past posts and others' posts on the subject. Am having trouble typing tonight, but encourage you to look into it further. See specifically the posts on 5/17/06 where I and several others posted about glutathione experiences.

Personally, I haven't gotten much benefit from precursors or pill form, or even from liplocuetical (sp?) glutathione. Each of us is different in this regard and I think that has to do with genetics.

Rich Van K, whom I mentioned, wrote an article which basically describes all the different delivery systems and where to get the products. I think I mentioned the specific article in one of my other posts. He believes everyone, essentially, who has CFS, has glutathione depletion, whether as a cause or result of CFS. Blessings. Jen102
    [This Message was Edited on 07/07/2006]
  8. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

is multiple chemical sensitivity. My son definitely has it- his reaction to all the hay around here is to become nauseous, fatigued and he feels terrible. He has started on zyrtec and that is helping. He doesn't display the usual allergy symptoms so much as just getting nauseous. He's also sensitive to MSG, nitrates and artificial sweeteners. Eating out is not usually a good experience for him. MCS is also caused by petroleum products, chemical solvents, fabric dryer sheets, perfumes, etc. Hope this helps.
    p.s. He is taking glutathione capsules- can't say it's helped him.[This Message was Edited on 07/08/2006]
  9. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Dr. Cheney recommends the whey sold here as a way to increase glutathione. The test of whether something is working isn't always how we feel immediately. I don't think there is a magic bullet but rather that it is the total of the things we do which work synergystically to help us heal. True healing is usually excruciatingly sloooooow.

When I went on a mission to try to rid my body of the chronic stealth infections, I also decided to try to rebuild my own immune system. Probiotics, undenatured whey, and colostrum were my weapons of choice. I've since added transfer factors which tune up the immune system and help it to recognize and kill pathogens.

If I were to isolate the whey, I doubt that, by itself, I would notice a difference. It's a part of my whole regimen.

Love, Mikie
  10. sascha

sascha Member

yes, i take Garden of Life Goateine whey powder just about every day in blender drink, and i am certain it has been of help to me. (i have cfids and digestive problems) the goateine whey powder supposedly is more available to the body because goat milk has larger molecules than cow's milk- is more like human breast milk. And is a source for glutathione.
    i also am incorporating coconut oil into my diet in various ways (extra virgin coc.oil) as it, from what i've learned, also has defensive immune support properties like the colostrum in breast milk. it is helping me with many many constant cfids symptoms i have carried for over six years.
    hope you find the information you need- sascha
  11. kholmes

kholmes New Member

for your responses.

Kholmes
  12. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Be careful not to use fruit or acidic ingredients in the shake with the whey. They can keep it from helping increase the glutathione in the body. About the only things which one should mix the whey with are milk, in this case, goat's milk, or water.

For anyone doing "The Shake," using the cheaper whey protein, this doesn't apply. The cheaper whey is not used to increase gluatione.

Love, Mikie
  13. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

What is the cost of the glutathione that you nebulize? Is it expensive?
  14. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Do people boil the asparagus and drink the juice ?
    Or do they just eat lots of cooked asparagus?

Do you know if it needs to be fresh, or if canned or frozen is also beneficial ?
  15. spacee

spacee Member

When she was tested at the Cheney Clinic, she was low in "G". Dr. Cheney said that she did not need to take the "G" but the precursors to the "G". Then her body would make the "G" on it's own.

The precursors are NAC and colostrum. I just started taking the NAC (that is N-Acetyl-L_Cysteine). I take 600mg but at least twice that is the right amount.

I like to go through one bottle at a lower amount, then increase. That is just me. Then I will add the Colostrum.

NAC costs $12.99 at GNC. They sell it here too.

Linda

It helped my sis.
  16. deliarose

deliarose New Member

Do u think u can take too much of this stuff? I nebulise 2ml twice a day, but would like to add some of the oral stuff too.

Any thoughts/references?

Who is the researcher at McGill, does anyone know their name?

Cheers
    Delia
  17. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm not sure who the researchers are from McGill University that have studied glutathione therapy and CFS. I have a Dr. Russ Canfield in my notes, but I'm not sure if that is right.
    But you might just do a Google search on "glutathione McGill CFS" and see what you find.

Kholmes
    [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2006]
  18. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

Are you sure that we need to take such a large dose of NAC ? I have read that 600- 1200 with SELENIUM was
    suggested .

How much does your sister take?
  19. ANNXYZ

ANNXYZ New Member

May I suggest that you go to the library here and look up the articles about glutathione , esp the ones involving AIDs / HIV studies .

There is no question that glutathione is essential for good health . Most diseases are characterized by low levels.

Many doctors , including Dr Salvato in Houston , prescribe glutathione injections . I think they initially cause a herx from Hell, but later result in the patients having improvement , thus she says they are popular with patients . [This Message was Edited on 07/13/2006]
  20. spacee

spacee Member

It is so good to see your name again. That Lymne is nasty and I hope the treatments do you good!

There was someone who was much better or recovered who posted that about the amount of NAC. Also, on the bottle that I have 2 600mg per day are recommended.

My sis doesn't take it and hasn't for years because she recovered. The person who posted about NAC caused us to revisit that issue with her.

I don't know that we will ever know if anything caused my sis to recover or whether it was spontaneous. But, man or man, does she have the energy and the brain power. (We are identical twins). We live several states apart. I am glad for it, cause it isn't easy to see up close the difference!

Hugs,

Spacee