Is anyone taking oxyconton?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ajchapman24, Oct 24, 2006.

1. ajchapman24

ajchapman24 New Member

Need help with the pain. Tried alot of different pain meds. Nothing seems to help. Stay tired & wore out all the time.
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Welcome to the board. Type Oxycontin in the search box and I'm sure you will find info about this medication.

I hope this helps you.
  3. Aghllw

Aghllw New Member

I actually just stared taking this last night. So, I am hopeful about it. I have taken a lot of pain medication in the last 7 years and most of it is "temporary" to say the least in relief. I asked to try something long acting and time released as a comparison. Too, I have heard that this medication is a little less hard on the organs.

Good luck and let compare stories after a while. I will keep you in my prayers.

FYI - I had a cervical ESI (epidural steroid injection) yesterday and THANK THE LORD, I have some relief!!!!
  4. msurina1

msurina1 New Member

Having Fibro for 20 years. Dr. saved my life with oxycotin.

I take 80 milligrams every 4 hours along with 800 mg. of Ibuprofin for arthritis. To counteract the tiredness from the oxy. I take Provigil (originally for narcoplexy) 200 mgs. twice a day. Order provigil from www.monarchpharm.com as it would cost $650.00 from Walgreens. I take 60 mg of Resteroil (Temazapan )for sleep at night.

Your fibro is only as good as your pain manager doctor.
    If he won't give you the dose (higher or lower) you need to completely cover your pain, then DUMP him.