Is anyone taking Prozac and Cymbalta together?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Apr 11, 2006.

1. shep

shep New Member

I was taking Cymbalta with very good results as far as helping with the fibro pain. I was very pleased in that a lot of the sorness disappeared and my pain decreased from around a scale of eight to about a four. But, the Cymbalta did little or nothing for my depression. I was crying most days with a constant sense of being very sad and depressed.

My physc. took me off the Cymbalta and put me on Prozac. Since I am taking the Prozac, my crying episodes have stopped and my depression is better. The bad part is my fibro is back with a frenzy. All my muscles are sore and tender and my pain level is very high.

I cannot get an appointment with my Physc. for another three months. I was wondering if anyone has or does take Prozac and Cymbalta as a combination medication? I have taken two anti-depressants at the same time, but not these two.

If they are compatable it would be great.
    Just had an after thought .. I guess I could ask the pharmacist.

I am still seeking a sleep solution???? I have tried both the Lunesta and Ambien with a result of about two hours sleep.

Any info appreciated,
    Shep
  2. lmmillion

lmmillion New Member

I was on Effexor and Prozac, but recently switched to Cymbalta and Prozac. Moodwise, I feel pretty good. Painwise, I am in terrible pain lately and had hoped the Cymbalta would help. So far, it has not helped the pain at all.