Is anyone taking the antidepressant lexapro?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by michsteep, May 12, 2009.

1. michsteep

michsteep New Member

I was on lexapro for about 8 yrs and recently switched to cymbalta not realizing that my health insurance won't cover it. My question is should I go back to lexapro or is there a better antidepressant for fibro?? I have heard it's not fun going off the cymbalta and I'm afraid of gaining weight again w/ the lexapro.
  2. Empower

Empower New Member

I tried Lexapro and woke up with a headache every single day

Cymbalta made me very very anxious and did nothing for depression or pain

Of course, everyone is different!

JEANSKI New Member

I have never been helped taking an anti-d for my FM pain. I do take it for my depression though. Cymbalta made me anxious also.

Have you thought about Lyrica? or neurontin? I am now taking tramadol for my pain and like it alot.
  4. Cinderbug

Cinderbug New Member

I have been on Lexapro for one year now. It was a miracle drug for my IBS. It was a big problem for me and this drug stopped the frequent diahhrea in it's tracks. For this reason, I love this drug.

I had gained tons of weight on Welbutrin and lots more after getting sick 3 1/2 years ago.

I am now on a diet and continue to lose weight ( slowly) . I do not feel like Lexapro is hindering my progress at all. I did not gain any weight from it either.

I tryed Cymbalta and did not tolerate it at all

Good luck,

5. michsteep

michsteep New Member

thank you everyone for your responses. I will keep weighing all the pros and cons .....
  6. bct

bct Active Member

I go on and off of it. Its big drawbacks for me are increased fatigue and loss of appetite And blurry vision. So I don't really like the stuff, but depression can be worse, hence the off-on cycling of my taking it........with my doctor's understanding.