Is Anyone Taking Valcyte?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ask2266, Jan 24, 2007.

1. ask2266

ask2266 Member

I am taking Famvir for EBV and am having minor herxing. I was wondering if I needed to go up to something stronger like Valcyte. I was also encouraged by Montoya's ongoing study. Who is taking Valcyte? What have your results been so far?
  2. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

How much Famvir are you taking? How long have you been on it?

Please read my post "A Strategic Plan for Getting Truly Well," which I just bumped to the top of the board.

I am scheduled to start Valcyte in a month, although it may be longer than that if I continue to herx severely on the Famvir I'm taking.

Swedeboy has a meeting scheduled with Montoya in February.

Pj (I can't remember his full user name) has a friend who is getting treatment by Montoya with Valcyte right now. He wrote about her experiences a couple of weeks ago. Try a content search for 'PJ' and you should find his thread.

Other than that, I've yet to hear of anyone else on the board who's tried it.

3. ask2266

ask2266 Member

I've been on Teitelbaum's protocol for 6 months. I just started the anti-virals, however. Right now, I'm taking 1500mg of Famvir per day. About 3 weeks ago, I started 500mg of Famvir and added another 500mg per day each week. I herx badly about 24 hours after adding the new dose, and then herx off and on for the rest of the week. I'm supposed to go up to 2000mg per day. I've only been tested for EBV, which was >5.
  4. mezombie

mezombie Member

I think that's whose posts Lisapetrison was referring to.
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

mezombie--yes, that sounds correct. Thanks.
  6. ask2266

ask2266 Member

surely someone is taking this? .... swedeboy?
  7. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

Swedeboy has yet to talk to Montoya and is not yet on the drug.

Foxglove said yesterday that her doctor has agreed to prescribe it but that she has to get her insurance to pay for it. Right now that thread is called "Valtrex and Doxy at the same Time," although I just suggested she change it.

The way things are going, it seems like I may be the first person to try the drug while active on this board.

My start could be delayed because I still am herxing strongly on the Famvir (and have yet to add the nattokinaise that will presumably make herxing stronger) though.