Is arthritis part of fibromyalgia

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by NyroFan, Jan 5, 2005.

1. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Does anybody know if arthritis comes right along with fibromyalgia or if the two are seperate and unrelated?
    NyroFan
  2. bunnyfluff

bunnyfluff Member

as far as I know. I have fibro and do not have arthritis, although I do have a lot of pain in my hands. I originally thought I had RA my hand pain was so severe.
  3. basethound

basethound New Member

hi again, when I found out I had oa I had a bone scan done and that is how I was dx, I think I have read where doctor just tell people they have arthritis without running test, I was dx wih fibro first, take care, Barb
  4. Cookie3

Cookie3 New Member

I am sure that they are in many ways, although they are two different things. I have both, I was diagnosed with Fibro first, then RA, even though my tests were mostly negative. Take care.
  5. Kinsie

Kinsie New Member

They may be separate things, but it seems like a lot of people with FM have arthritis.

Kinsie
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The Guaifenesin Treatment Guru, says that if one has FMS long enough, osteoarthritis will ensue. That has been my experience.

Love, Mikie
  7. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

would you believe only slight osteoarthritis in my left knee.That made me happy.I have heard that if a member of your family has had rheumatoid it increases the likelyhood of Fibro.
  8. kjfms

kjfms Member

heard of a relationship between them (of course that doesn't mean much....LOL. Are you speaking of Osteoarthritis (aka Degenerative Arthritis) or Rheumatoid Arthritis...just wondering.

Thanks,

Karen
  9. lin-z

lin-z New Member

I have osteoarthritis in my neck and a bit in my middle back but I found the dr did not really say they were one in the same by any means. Except the jacka$$ rheumatologist who said " well ya know you do have arthrits in your neck."

Ofcourse that explains all the other fun symptoms!!

Best to you Linds
  10. kimfibro

kimfibro New Member

in my lower back mainly. seems common to question the arthritis along w/fibro symptoms cuz they SEEM to coexist.
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Is that we cannot excrete the phosphate debris in our bodies and that they get stored in our soft tissue, causing pain and tender spots. When the body runs out of soft tissue in which to store this debris, it stores it in the joints.

I had already started to have OA when I started the Guai. It isn't supposed to help OA but it has. When I read about the FMS/OA connection, I was determined to reverse this buildup of phosphate debris before things got worse. My FMS symptoms are about 90 percent reversed. If I overdo things or injure myself, I can still get pain, but it is not a severe daily problem for me now.

Love, Mikie