Is Bleeding Common With a Sinus Infection?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Newswoman, Jan 28, 2003.

1. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

I've been taking several natural remedies to ward off a sinus infection (I get them at least twice a year) because I am leery of taking antibiotic. Like most sinus sufferers, I woke up this morning with post-nasal drip and coughed up phlegm (I know. This is gross!!) When I did that, however, I noticed there was a some blood in the sink. I've been dealing with sinus infections since before I can remember and I've never had that happen before. I checked to make sure my gums weren't bleeding and I didn't see anything.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?
    [This Message was Edited on 01/29/2003]
  2. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

This is the first time I'm on this regimen. I'm taking things for the sinus infection and a UTI/bladder infection. So far, it's really helped with the UTI/bladder infection. I'm taking grapefruit seed extract, uva-ursi, alfalfa, garlic, cranberry extract, and vitamin C.
  3. Newswoman

Newswoman New Member

UTI=urinary tract infection
  4. pearls

pearls New Member

I've had a number of years of recurring sinus infections (a bit redundant, methinks). Sometimes I would get a sore high up in my nose after spending time in the mountains above Lake Tahoe. The air is quite dry and I think my nose/sinus areas were irritated. I would expel bloody scabs (yuk. I should have warned you.)

Anyway, recently I expelled two large, solidly magenta blood clots. The ENT sent me for a sinus CT - just had it yesterday, the same day as my nerve conduction test. He didn't think it was serious - probably a result of too-vigorous lavage (washing out the sinuses with a salt-water solution). Actually, while I'm not very worried, I'm not so sure about that. I've lavaged for years and don't think I've done it any more vigorously than in the past. We'll see. These things don't scare me any more. I just get the necessary tests done and save the worrying for when and if I get a scary verdict.

-Pearl