Is Bread Bad for FM?....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Aug 22, 2003.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Hello All,

I'm addicted to bread. It fills me up when I eat. I think it is also is bad for my FM. I tend to fill better, but stay hungry when I don't eat bread.

Any thoughts on bread and FM?

Thanks!
  2. IgotYou

IgotYou New Member

I was ready to quit working because I was so sick when I discovered that wheat might be a problem. I gave it up and within three days felt like I had spent my entire life in a dark tunnel and for the first time I had come out into the light. I remember thinking "if this is how other people feel all the time, how can anyone ever be in a bad mood?" If wheat is a problem for you, you'll figure it out pretty quick, and once you get past the first couple of weeks it won't be so bad. It completely changed my life for the better. I hate to even think where I'd be today if I had not given it up. My pain, brain fog, and congestion dropped DRAMATICALLY. I highly recommend you give it a try, and if you find you're better off without it, don't ever go back to eating it (unless you don't really want to feel better)!
  3. suz41

suz41 New Member

Hi :

I agree with the other post, the bread is probably making and adding to your symptoms for many reasons, yeast, wheat senstivity processed white flour. Try decreasing your wheat products. Add more fruits and veggies I fill up on baby spinach lots of healthy nutrients in it and i have noticed I don't have the carbo cravings I used too. Bread turns into glucose than your pancrease has to work to control the sugar its like being on a roller coaster ride. I know it is difficult at first but eventually you will adjust and just think about what you said about not feeling as bad when you eat less bread. This doesn't mean you can never eat any again you just need to eat alot less and find other foods. Keep us posted, I use oat bran bread when I do eat bread or flat bread that has no yeast. Give it a go what do you have to lose but PAIN. Hugs.

Suz
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

This will keep the cravings down. It takes a while to get rid of cravings for carbs. We often crave what we are allergic to and bread is often the culprit. In the meantime, get some good probiotics and enzymes to help your gut get healthier.

Love, Mikie
  5. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

For me, it was the white bread. I'm ok on wheat bread, but I'd rather not eat it if I have a choice of some other kind of breads. I love Potato Flour Bread and sourdough.
    I'm like you and am hungry if I don't eat bread. I CRAVE sourdough bread (the italian in me).
    But sometimes I'd rather not eat bread...instead i make sandwhiches in tortilla wraps or aram bread or wrapped in lettuce without the bread...(like In N Out, you can get their burgers with lettuce instead of a bun).
    Whatever you do, do it in moderation. If you want to find out, then cut down and then cut it out of your diet. It will be hard at first, but if you do feel better, then you will know for sure.