IS CFS REAL? .....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by doxygirl, Nov 9, 2008.

1. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

Do any of you have this dd belittled and talked about so condensendingly, so much that even you start to believe your mind is playing tricks on you?

My husband told me last night about the talk radio show he listens to was talking about CHRONIC FATIGUE and Iam not sure if the radio show itself was condensending our dd or if it was Dr's in general....

but the conversation was about how Dr's prescribe placebo medications to people with this dd because they do NOT believe in it!

I as a course of nature became immediately defensive ( but only in my own mind and not to my husband) and before I said a word I thought carefully....

and when I finally did speak I said to my husband " "yes" there are millions of us with this dd...dr's, lawyers,teachers, pharmacists, plumbers, waitresses, etc, etc, etc,........

all of whom do not know each other, never have and probably never will.....we all have the same do you suppose that is"?

the only real answer is because this dd IS REAL and YES IT DOES EXIST!!!!!!

So...why is it that those of us that suffer every day of our lives question this?
    Is it because there is no documented "TEST"...I mean if there were no pregnancy tests would that make us less or not pregnant? of course not!

Iam so tired of just struggling with pain and discomfort every single minute of every single day of my life from having this whatever it is...and then to add insult by saying or implying it is not real or it is made up!

COME ON....when will this ever be taken for as serious as it really is?

I wonder when they finally do figure it out....if these self righteous people who CHOOSE to not believe in it....will ever feel the slightest bit of remorse....

probably only if they are unfortunate to get it is my assumption?

Just needed to vent makes me cry to think how I suffer and I know so many of you do as well and there are those that think this is a BIG FAT JOKE!

Doxy[This Message was Edited on 11/10/2008]
  2. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

Unless people come up against M.E./CFS they're going to think like this and no, I dont think they will feel remorseful in the least when they find out its a REAL illness.

I honestly wish they could all get a few months of what we go through and then they'd realise how REAL and awful it is.

3. greatgran

greatgran Member

I doubt my Dx every day. Because so many doubts are placed in my mind by doctors, others not understanding then I began doubting . I think that is one reason I suffer with depression and anxiety .

My thoughts are I know something is wrong but what the heck is it. My doctor seems to believe its real but doesn't have a clue what to do. Then since I do have anxiety / depression, the doctors feel that is what is wrong and start pushing antidepressants. I sure wish I could take them but can't. So I feel I am left with this disease, no answers and if wasn't for this board I am not sure where I would be.

How are you doing?
  4. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

for asking how Iam doing,.... how sweet of you!

Iam not doing well when it comes to this dd...however my dr has recently put me on the fentanyl pain patch and it does seem to really be helping though so keep your fingers crossed for me ok:)?

Iam sorry that you have to deal with depression sweet lady, "Iam sure you are sweet" and do not deserve that! My autistic son also has depression and he cannot take anti depressants so I understand that!

and I also understand where your coming from about this board...there are so many people here that I would just love to physically be able to give a million hugs to..and you are one of them.....

I hope your feeling better gg, and as long as you are here on this board we can all continue to help you make it through your darkest days! I know I will always be here for you!

Love you:)
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

I went and did some clarifying!

It was KFI talk radio show with John and Ken!

My husband listens to it in the afternoon mon thru fri on his way home from work,..anyhow..... he said that John and Ken actually were advocates of our dd...but the point was that someone who called in was saying that some of these Dr's out there that do NOT believe in our disease....were prescribing their patients placebo medications.........

and these Dr's "CLAIM" that most of the people taking the placebo's said they helped them!

Hahahahah I would love to know who these Dr's are, and I would like to talk personally to these people that supposedly told these Dr's the placebo's helped them!

For me I know 101% that a placebo of any kind I would be able to tell, because Iam in so much pain a sugar pill definately would not help my pain!

you brought up a good point.......I wish I was a better advocate for this disease when people ask me what this is it is hard for me to put into words which is giving me a great idea right about now....

I am going to make a post and see if everyone here will share their form of advocacy and education when dealing with someone who needs it!:)

TY for posting to me:)