Is confusion a herx?

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by ajp, Jul 27, 2006.

1. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi All,

Day 3 of the Ketek, doing OK, but....pretty confused, no...really confused. Would this be considered a herx? A brain herx? Silly question maybe...just wondering. I just can't think right or talk right today, can't find the right words for things. What do you all think?

Thanks for all your help.

Love Mindy
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Most definitely, I have seen it in my son... at times he has been like a zombie while herxing; hope that helps. I too have experienced it as well, so you have all my sympathy, it is no fun!

Also, when I have to take a certain antihistamine or even motrin, I find also my language is messed up - can't think of words or even actually say the opposite of what I mean - scary! So I make it a rule to generally try to hold anything important for 24 hours to review it before I send it!

all the best,
    Victoria

3. minimonkey

minimonkey New Member

I herxed just like that from Ketek -- it was spooky. I especially had problems with language/word finding. I was also newly on Topamax at the time, which can cause some of that too.

I also started to feel really disoriented and not like my usual self at all.

Once I pulsed off the ketek and went back on it, I have tolerated it well. Ketek is a strong med! I'm grateful to be on it, though -- it has helped me a great deal.

I went off the Topamax once and for all -- turns out my migraines were caused by babesia, so I don't need it anymore.
  4. ajp

ajp New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Day 4 and still as confused as ever. But glad to know it is probably the Ketek and I am not losing my mind.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Love Mindy