Is Dr Montoya in the US?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hensue, Nov 9, 2009.

1. hensue

hensue New Member

I know a lot of you talk about him. Where is he located and does he treat with anti-virals or what?
    What is the consenus on him?
  2. swedeboy

swedeboy Member

I am a patient of Dr. Montoya and I think he is a an excellent physician. He is a professor at Standford University and he also works in the Infectious Disease Clinic at Stanford Hospital. You can get his bio at stanford's website. It takes a while to get an appt. cuz he is like 6 months backed up and you will need a referral from a primary care physician. I recently read that Stanford was rated one of the top 5 universities in the world.
  3. isiselixir

isiselixir New Member

yes he treats with antivirals he did a study a while back - I am wondering if anyone knows if he followed up on it and did a study with a larger group of patients? i am pretty sure he treats cfs patients who have elevated titers for EBV and/or HHV6.
  4. sascha

sascha Member

he sees patients in the Infectious Disease portion of the Stanford Medical Center in Palo Alto, California- just south of San Francisco.

i'm being followed by him- have gotten various anti-virals- was on valcyte protocol for over 5 months. am now on acyclovir.

i don't know of any final assessment of his valcyte research- there were certain statistically significant gains among patients receiving the valcyte- mainly recovery/improveent of cognitive functioning. i also experience that rest can revive me to a certain extent now; plus orthostatic intolerance seems improved. but i remain weak and wasted, and subject to crashes.

he is on board with XMRV findings- is looking for funding to join research in this area- will at some point include testing for this retroviral. cautions against jumping to conclusions as to its being cause of cfids. wait and see how things play out- i think that's a reasonable recall of statement he and his team issued. Sascha
  5. stschn

stschn New Member

Is at Stanford when he is in this country. Also works at 2 clinics in Columbia. Is almost impossible to get in to see even If you are a patient. Did a trial on HHV6 which didn't turn out as well as he had hoped but we never got the full trial results. Having said all of that I think he's wounderful ,careing, and my all time favorite. Sorry no spell check and a really really bad day.