Is everyone doing ok in this heat?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Our AC is isn't working right. The repair place is coming out later tomomorrow afternoon. It wa 93 degrees in my apt tonight with the the ac on~~just hope it isn't anything I caused to go wrong. I worry about those things.

Ok I'm going to try & get some sleep
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Hi Beadlady,

I hope you got some rest...I'm doing better now that it's a bit cooler and we're lucky that we didn't lose power during those horrid storms last week. Over a million were without AC for a long time.

We live in a great neighborhood with buried power lines and we've only had blinking power outages during the storm. Whew...

Did they repair your AC?

3. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

It had been very hot here in TX but thankfully got cooler this past few days with our big a/c not working. They have been trying to fix it for days. Luckily, it has been raining today. We need that rain too. Last year we were desperate for any rain.

Did they get your a/c to working right? I do hope so. I know how it is and I am usually cold natured. However, lately I have been feeling the heat and humidity. It is the cold I cannot take at all with my FM.

Can you believe it is in the 70's now due to the rain and no sun. Hopefully the guy can find the part ande come fix this stupid a/c. It is old and they have been trying to piece it together with new parts that areup to speed. It is supposed to start getting warmer the rest of the week with sun. So they had better get this a/c working. One half of the house has the small a/c which is working. Our bedroom is HOT ! Thankfully we do have ceiling fan and we brought the portable fan in also for sleeping. If it gets hot again and this a/c doesn't get fixed we will be in a hot mess.

Jam - I know what you mean about living in the North East growing up. However, I couldn't do it any more. Forget the snow and cold for sure. Where you live you probably don't have SNOW to contend with. I know CA has beautiful weather but couldn't afford to buy much up there either even if it just lovely and wonderful weather most of the time.

Hope everyone is feeling cooler and more comfy !!! Waiting to hear from a/c man and hope he can find another old part for this old a/c unit !!

4. Granniluvsu

and time will come when I will have to slim down. We have a house but not a whole lot more than others. If I were by myself I surely wouldn't be in this house anyway. Many of my friends are slimming down but most friends that I know (not on line) own homes and they are not extravagant. However, as you get older, slower and maybe lose a mate then you don't need so much space or stuff.

A dear nursing school friend of mine who lives in CA just contacted me yesterday and told me that she will be trying to get rid of some of her stuff, trying to sell her home and moving closer to the hospital where she used to work. I can't remember the name of it right now. Don't know if she is going to go to small home , townhouse or apt. She hasn't gotten that far yet. However, she lost her husband a couple of years ago so it has been increasingly hard to take care of her home. It is alot of work to get ready to sell a home and by yourself too. So much to do.

We'll be doing so too some day but not right now. There surely will be less to clean when we do (move to a town house or whatever else). I know DH is in no hurry to move. However, when you are by yourself it is a completley different deal. Our first apartment was when we first married. After my MIL died in 1963 FIL came to live with us or visa versa and we were in homes after that. He lived with us till he died at age 86.

I don't NEED to have alot of stuff but a lot has accumilated over the many years. It will take some time to get rid of one way or the other. Not thinking about that right now though.

Enjoy your wonderful weather in CA. I did visit there one year at a Nursing reunion and the weather is great ! No family there though so we wouldn't be moving there.

TTYL !

5. Granniluvsu

They are in NY (LI) too where we used too live and my mom. You wouldn't believe what my mom's house sold for and it was so small. It is where I grew up. I am sure the people just probably gutted alot of it and extended it it and it is an all new house. It was close to the bus line and can walk to lots of places. There was one bath downstairs (my brother and I slept upstairs), very small kitchen and dinette and LR and den, one BR downstairs and of course a basement. That was over 500 K. You wouldn't believe it to look at the house the way it was.

I don't think LI weather is perfect either but some who like winter and snow do !! We all make our choices.

I know the prices for some places is ridiculous but what can you do?? We all do what we want and what we can at the time.

Bye for now. Still waiting for our a/c guy andhope he can finally fix this thing