Is excessive sweating from the head neck related to fibro ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by chartier1946, Mar 26, 2007.

1. pepsismybaby

pepsismybaby New Member

I am in my 50s so I wasn't sure if it was menopause, FMS, or both. I have run a low grade fever for 24 years now. That has to be FMS/CFS. No DRs could find anything wrong with me. I also noticed that I would sweat profusely on my head!!! Mom always said it was because of my hair (thin, baby fine???). I always found that to be a very weird thing. My hair would just get soaked at times.
  2. mevy

mevy New Member

Hi Chartier 1946

Saw your post and read the replys from posters. This crap is really bad. It really knocks you down and drains every bit of energy out of me.

I posted a similiar post a few weeks ago complaining of SWEATING BUCKETS AND GOOSE BUMPS at the same time. I still don't know why (or how)you can sweat like this and yet my arms are freezing and look like chicken skin with the bumps.

I do also have Raynauds disease and so my feet & hands are at least blue or purple most of the time, and very cold. Not very often that they are even white. WIERD CRAP

Hope you all are taking care of yourself and I think the best we can do for now is to listen to our own body and stop overdoing.

Hugs to all,
    Mevy

3. LADYBUG2

LADYBUG2 New Member

The sweating for me is just awful... It can happen at any time even laying down watching TV. But most of the time
    it's when I start to do something.
    Its so bad it runs into my eys...The back of my hair you can see it is very wet. I use a pretty clip to hold my hair up as I have long hair.

Make Up.....I now just use the self sun taning cream.
    I went threw alot of them until I found just the right one
    Then a little of the NEW power....
    This way it doesn't show the streaks running down my cheeks

The sweats also make me very grumpy,and so tired, as somedays It will happens 2-3 times. We have A/C but I also have small fans in each room that I can point at me.
    I try to keep a glass of ice water with me.

In the summer I don't go outside at all,unless I just have to. When we get grocerys we stock up.
    We live in Missouri and the humidity can be so bad, plus the heat is bad July, Aug.

So, you are not alone. Take Care.....................
    Ladybug2
  4. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

is it because of hormone imbalance, which in my mind directs to FM or at least can, AWH think it just another thing we will find doesnt CONNECT to much

anyways we keep plodding on and at least we can be assured that we are not alone in the quest of finding an answer....

angel hugs

Connie
  5. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

I didn't know so many of us had this problem.In addition to having a sweaty head, my feet are always cold. I wear socks all the time at home all summer long.In pre-fibro days[a long time ago] my feet were always burning hot. I would sit on the edge of the bathtub and run very cold water on them for relief. It seems our bodies have gone wacko! Marie
  6. skikat

skikat New Member

I HAVE IT TOO . THE KIND THAT RUNS DOWN MY SCALP AND DRIPS ON MY CLOTHING. VERY EMBARRASSING! I DONT THINK IT IS MENOPAUSAL BECAUSE I HAVE DONE THIS SINCE I WAS 4 YEARS OLD . SAME AMOUNT OF TIME THAT I BEGAN TO HAVE THE FIBRO PAIN TO THE HIGH DEGREE.LOL- I ALSO HAVE THE SWEATS WHEN I AM FREEZING AND THE MAKE-UP PROBLEM???? I FINALLY FOUND ONE THAT I DONT HAVE THE TROUBLE GETTING TO STAY ON THROUGH THE SWEATING. IT IS THE REVLON ACTIVE FOUNDATION. ALSO, A MARY KAY EYEBROW PENCIL WILL NOT COME OFF VERY EASILY AT ALL. I HAVE EVEN SWAM IN THAT!HMMMM. THAT WAS A LONG TIME AGO. BUT I WAKE UP IN THE NIGHT WITH MY PILLOW SO SOAKED THAT I HAVE TO TURN IT OVER OR GET A DIFFERENT PILLOW.I ALSO SWEAT SO HARD WHEN I GET OUT OF THE SHOWER THAT I HAVE TO GO NAKED IN THE BATHROOM UNTIL I CAN PUT MY PJS ON! I HATE IT.I ALSO NOTICE THAT I DO IT JUST ABOUT 30 MINUTES BEFORE MY NEXT DOSE OF PAIN PILLS IS DUE. SO THAT IS A GIVEN. ITS LIKE AN ALARM CLOCK FOR ME TO TAKE THEM. I DIDNT KNOW THAT IT COULD BE TREATED. AM GLAD TO KNOW THIS. ONE THING, I NEVER SWEAT UNDER THE ARMS. BUT I DO ON THEENTIRE REST OF MY BODY. THE HEAD AND NECK EVERY NIGHT. ALSO AFTER I MOVE AROUND AT ALL. LIKE WALKING FROM ONE ROOM TO ANOTHER.
    ONE THING , I HAVE WONDERED IF THIS COULD BE A WAY OF GETTING TOXINS OUT OF OUR BODIES??? MAYBE IT IS A LUCKY THING, BUT I WISH THERE WERE ANOTHER NATURAL WAY THAT WE COULD CONTROL. HUGS TO ALL--- SKIKAT
  7. ann31065

ann31065 New Member

I sweat so bad! hands, feet, head, neck it gets so bad I wont let my husband touch my hands and feet.HELP!
    Ann
  8. tkslave

tkslave New Member

Hey, chartier1946 and everyone else, I can just be sitting at the computer and my head and neck is just pouring sweat. My husbnd will be complaining about how cold I have the air conditioner and ask him doesn't he see how I am sweating it's not cold. Constant fight over this. Of course he says I am just crazy.(If only I could trade places with him for one week he might understand better, a day is enough) So glad to see I am not alone which means I'm not crazy(LOL). If I try to even wash a few dishes I will be soaking wet with sweat. At least we all know we are not alone with these strange issues.
  9. fmrpsc

fmrpsc New Member

I am sitting here laughing. I have the "Terrible Sweats" too. Ditto to everone else's remarks. I realize its not a laughing matter but it tickled me to see that so many others are pissed off at this other factor that we have to deal with. Its not bad enough we are in pain all the time but we don't want to look like wet dishrags too. I met a fellow fibromite that carries a hand towel with her everwhere and I started too. Why not!!
  10. RENA0909

RENA0909 New Member

I have such a bad time with this and I get fed up with friends saying...yea I am that age too I get like that.As if I am going through the menopause....this is SOOO different.

I put a colour on my hair last week(my fav red)and last night my head was sweating so much that the dye was all over my pillow this morning!!!!!!!

My palms burn so hot that when I put them on my glass table the steam comes off them lol!
    Also my feet burn so I never wear anything on my feet even when I go into my back yard.Some nights I have to go stand outside to cool my feet down on the yard pavement.

In bed at night I toss and turn all night pillow flipping and moving over to other side of bed to find cooler place(No way I can sleep with hubby...I would spontaneously combust if I shared my bed with anyone)

I have to sleep alomost naked cos any clothes make me hotter.Have to have windows open all the time.....I am sooooo grateful for any tiny little breeze blowing my way.

The only way I cope is by staying a cool as possible.
    I keep cold flannels and baby wipes in fridge.Always have cold water ready to drink.Keep my doors jammed open so I get a breeze going through the house.Have 2 air-con units and ceiling fans going when I am really suffering...Hubby is ok most times but I think he gets a bit fed up with it.

I love the windy cold weather cos my head stays cold and I feel soo much better when I am cool but I CANNOT stand being COLD!!!!!!

We suffer such weird symptoms with fibro!!!!

Stay cool!!

Rena
  11. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

When I was at a picnic, my friend said I really feel for you. I thought that was nice - but that person always knows how to say the right thing (not like other people who say what in the heck are you so hot for - are you going through the change? It's a change all right but not the one you are talking about.

I guess we can't fake sweating can we? Well, I guess we could get those heating pads and place them all over our bodies to keep up the charade that some seem to think our disease is, right?
  12. basketmom

basketmom New Member

I had also been having a problem with excessive sweating. My Dr precribed Rozerem and it took care of most of it. I went to get a refill today and my insurance won't cover it until Sept. So I either fork over $107 or sweat for another month. Yuck!
  13. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

This was my first sign somehting wasn't right@!!! I use tobring 2shirts to work.It's not as bad now but does come back now and then Ruthie
  14. 3sa

3sa New Member

I've been feeling a little crazy the last few weeks. I've missed the last 8 days at work. I'm in Phoenix, & I thought I was sweating because of the storms . Guess , not. I'm going to see a new Dr. tomorrow & I'm so hoping I don't hear " You'll feel better once you lose the weight". Well this is kinda rambling, But I'm so glad I found you all. I feel so much better. Not crazy? You Know??
  15. rhappy

rhappy New Member

i am new to the group here. My doctor recommended i join a support group now I know why. I have just recently started the head and neck sweats and I have had fibro for years. I am 73 years old and these are cold sweats not hot sweats. I am glad i am not alone . I didn't see any answers in the replys.
  16. fmrpsc

fmrpsc New Member

I forgot to mention yesterday that at night time I go to sleep with a small Ice pack on the back of my neck. It not only seems to help with the night sweats, it also relaxes my neck muscles. That helps me to relax until my sleep meds kick in. I also have a "chiller scarf" that I use when I am outside on really hot days. I put it around my neck. Is is filled with some kind of beads that swell when soaked in cold water. The chilling effect lasts several hours and I have found that it reduces some of the sweating.
    I live in Florida so I am a wet head most of the time. When I visit my family in Pennsylvania in the winter time, they are amazed that I can sweat like that in the cold. I never had icicles though:):)
  17. cyndi1958

cyndi1958 New Member

I have not been on the boards also for ahwile, but this title intrigued me, I suffer the same, can't get make up in the morning because of the sweating, my hair is saturated so often, it is unreal, I almost feel better knowing I am not the only one, I feel like a freak sometimes, and am actually embarrassed, of course I too am slightly over weight, so then I feel and assume that is what is causing it.

Thanks for sharing, as awlays
  18. harmony21

harmony21 New Member

thats why there are no answers my love......

Its good to share and know we arnt crazy, welcome to the board

angel hugs
    Connie
  19. natrlvr2

natrlvr2 New Member

I have had it since I started having pain issues.80's.Back then I was in perfect shape.I know mine is not from weight,which came later since my body no longer moved normally and meds. cause weight gain.gggrrr...Most of my sweating is face and top third of body. I talked to my mom about this yrs. ago and she said ALL of her ancestors had this same problem,even though our blood work is normal.I defintely take after my mom's side of the family.*sigh*(reason why I am disabled at an early age)
  20. Jenm66

Jenm66 New Member

Wow - I am so glad I found this site. First the discussion about low body temperatures and now this. It has been driving me NUTS for the past few months. I've been diagnosed with FM/CFS since '01. The sweating has only happened in the past few months. Should I be getting a test for adrenal gland function, can you even have one of those?

Overweight? Yes (5'4" and 180 lbs) but this sweating happens when I exert no energy - forget when I so exert energy (like take the dog to training)....then I have a towel around my neck. My underarms are dry but my head is dripping. So glad to know I'm not alone!