Is Fibro progressive

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mum6, Aug 17, 2005.

1. mum6

mum6 New Member

When I first was diagnosed I was told that it would do not perminant damage to my muscules and that it would not get progressively worse. Lately I have read things saying it is progressive. Anyone have any info Mum6
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have discussed this a lot in the past. If you do a search on Progressive, you can bring up a lot of our old posts.

Love, Mikie
  3. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

it is not DEGENERATIVE is what they really mean. It does not damage your body, but it can get worse. How much worse is anyone's guess. Nothing is sure so don't think you are necessarily going to wind up bed ridden and disabled, but I would be willing to bet you won't stay the same.

Sonya
  4. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I agree with Sonya.

In my case I feel that it has been progressive. I hope at some point it stops being so progressive! I can live with where I am right now but hate to think of continually getting worse.

The symptoms, especially the pain, have gotten slowly worse over the years even though I didn't have any idea what it was until last year.

I keep thinking "if it gets any worse I won't be able to stand it". Well, guess what! I'm still hanging in there. So even though it seems to be worse, God is helping me to cope at every turn and I know He will continue to do so.

Hugzz,
    Greenbean
  5. libra55

libra55 New Member

Supposedly it is NOT. However, I do not feel that I am improving at all. I go through phases where I seem to be getting better, then something happens to throw me into a flare and wham! I am back where I started and in some cases slightly worse than where I was when I started.

It seem to me to be a vicious circle of events with fibro. Like going up a slippery slope and nearly getting to the top, and then sliding all the way back down again.

I think what may be progressive is the frustration and fatigue of it all. Every time I get a flare up, I lose a little more hope about my situation.

Michelle
  6. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

AMEN!!

Hugzz,

Greenbean