Is flax seed okay for guai users?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Madelyn, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

Coincidentally I have just bought a package of flax seeds. I have a grain grinder, so I can mill it myself. Will this be counterproductive if I am a guaifenassen user?
    Madelyn
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Flax seed oil will block the Guai as will almost all oils made from plant sources. What we ingest by using oils to cook in will probably not hurt, but taking high concentrations of these oils will block the Guai.

If you don't own Dr. St. Amand's book, you need to buy it. It lists 1,000 common things which will block the Guai and flax seed oil is on the list.

Love, Mikie
  3. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

Thank you. But at your recommendation, I went to the site. Now I'm confused, because it says that eating these plant foods is okay. Of course, I haven't read the book, so I'm speaking from virtual ignorance. Help!

Madelyn
  4. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I use flaxseed all the time and do not block at all. Just don't rub it all over your body if you use the oil. You may be different with the blocking-everyone is different it seems with this medication. Good luck to you!!
    Sincerely, Sleeper01
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Plants eaten in moderation will not block the Guai; however, concentrations like oil made from the plant material can block the Guai, as it states in the book. Just eating some seeds will not block it.

Everyone's tolerance for sals differs from person to person. Some can tolerate a lot and some, none. I can tolerate a few sals, but not a lot. It is best in the beginning to eliminate all sals and after the dose has been arrived at and results seen, you can add something and see if it blocks. It can take quite a while for the blocking to show up, especially if one has been on the Guai for a while.

Because one person can use something and not block is no guarantee that another can.

Love, Mikie