Is FM common in hands and feet?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by krafty1, Sep 4, 2008.

1. krafty1

krafty1 New Member

I have read several articles that say FM is not common in hands and feet. Anyone diagnosed with FM have pain in these areas?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

This past several months the pain in my hands and feet has become incredible so I think its related.

Have read several posts that say the same.

Go figure!
  3. fallenstar1962

fallenstar1962 New Member

I too have FM and have pain in my feet, hands and lower back. I'm finding it hard to walk at work, not to mention getting worried every time I pick something up. I seem to be dropping a lot these days..also having swelling and weakness in hands.

I did share this with my doc..but nothing came of it. He did mention "arthritis is not uncommon" with fibro.

If it continues to be this bad I will have to quit working.
    Hope this helps answer your question.

Soft hug
  4. sunflowerxo

sunflowerxo New Member

Hi I definately have FM in my wrists and all around the foot where the bottom of leg meets the foot and ankle area. I have alot of pain with typing and chopping food. I also have pain in the foot in the Achilles tendon all the time.... I only started this pain when I came down with FM and it waxes and wanes, but I'm a medical transcriptionist and all this typing even while wearing splints can make it very painful... I also get tingling in hands and feet as well..
  5. stinker56

stinker56 New Member

Ditto to everything Jeerie said. It feels like the bones in my feet are going to crumble at any minute.

I was diagnosed a long time ago with FMS but was finally diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis a few years ago. It didn't show in my blood work for some time but now it does.

Keep asking your doctor to test you.

Good luck,
  6. denpen72

denpen72 New Member

I have fibro and both of my thumb joints/sockets are sore but the rest of my hands/fingers are ok. The bones on the top of my feet are always sore and I can't walk barefoot very long because it will hurt just to stand on the bottoms of my feet (like they are badly bruised or something) so I pretty much live in flip-flops. I also have 2 tender (trigger?) points on both sides of my lower front leg right where the leg attaches to the ankle.
  7. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I thought the pain in my thumbs and tops of feet were the side effects of Lyrica? I feel so much better over all, I was just doing the best I could with this localized pain..anyone else with this type of pain on Lyrica?

8. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

The tops of my feet are so sore sometimes it really hurts to walk. Weird. Then it disappears and the pain manifests someplace else for awhile.

Love and hugs.

9. maggiemae55

maggiemae55 New Member

Haven't been on for a while, but just got back from my wonderful neurologist. I went to see her for numbness in my feet. She did some blood work- vitamin B-12, Vit D, thyroid, all wnl. Today she did a EMG and it showed sensory polyneuropathy. So, more blood work, for B6, Hep C, ANA, Lupus, and a host of others (5 tubes of blood worth!)Also, 24 hr urine for heavy metals. But I don't mind because she is going to try to get to the bottom of this. She did say she may not be able to get a diagnosis.

I have numb 4th and pinkie toe on right, 3 and 4th on left. Sometimes profound numbness. Balls of feet too.

I've had plantar fasciaitis in both feet, and actually ruptured my right plantar, no more arch in that foot...ever, so the whole foot hurts...see a ortho for that.

My neuro does believe in fibro, but doesn't think it would cause the neuropathy.

So, we shall see....

10. girl31

girl31 New Member

I have pain in the top of my feet too! It's so strange. It's one of my most painful areas right now.
  11. Engel

Engel New Member

I have double carpal tunnel ... trigger thumbs ... plantar facitis (sp) and severe ankle problems ...
  12. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I have pain in hands and feet. I feel like my toes are broken all of the time My hands get swollen and pain inthe joints. You are not alone. Good luck.

13. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

I have pains in my hands almost always and in my feet its usually one or the other. My foot hurt so bad one time that the doctor x-ray"d it to make sure that I hadn't broken it. I didn't, but it sure felt like it. It was just the FM, doc said.
  14. Lazy_Susan

Lazy_Susan New Member

This is interesting reading this and all the responses. I've had FM symptoms for at least 14 years but was just diagnosed 4 years ago and I just this past week started getting pains in my hands and feet that feel like a charlie horse is starting. I don't take anything but otc ibuprofen, which sometimes takes the edge off but just barely.
  15. Hypnobug

Hypnobug New Member

I was born with FM and as far back as I can remember I have had pain in my hands and feet. As a matter of fact, even when I'm at my best these two areas hurt.
  16. marie2000_99_99

marie2000_99_99 New Member

I have been in so much pain. My whole body feels like it trembles...I cant sleep the tips of my shoulders and hips kill me. My feet have always given me problems I have gotten cortizone shots tons of times and NOTHING....Im always in nervous mode because i think there is something else wrong...This is very hard to handle. I was diagnosed in 1993 and every year gets worse.
    [This Message was Edited on 09/06/2008]
  17. JaneSmith

JaneSmith New Member

I got it there and everywhere else in the body. For me, it's a common thing in both hands and both feet.
  18. jmq

jmq New Member

I have pain almost everywhere....including hands and feet.

Both are worse in the mornings and evenings. Sometimes I can barely walk the feet hurt so bad. They also burn and feel swollen but are not swollen.

sigh....amazing how many things hurt
  19. monicaz49

monicaz49 New Member

i have pain in my ankles for sure. I also have mild wrist pain with more in my hands and fingers.
    My diagnosis is CFS with overlapping FM.

20. bikrgrl

bikrgrl New Member

With some really horrible pains. Now, my feet hurt quite often too. Sometimes i can't even stand up for 5 mins.