Is formaldehyde in meds and vaccines?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by woofmom, Oct 14, 2006.

1. woofmom

woofmom New Member

Does anyone know? I believe formaldehyde is the main poison for making me sick. Probably a lot of others also.
  2. UnicornK

UnicornK New Member

I take this with a grain of salt.

www.henriettesherbal.com/

"Supposedly" this is what I discovered.

Formaldehyde is also know as: methanal, formalin, formol, methyl aldahyde, and methylene orade(sp).

It is good for: disinfectant, kills bacteria, used as a preservative in vaccines (!!!), gonorrhea, diptheria, whooping cough, open and infected wounds, ulcers, (these are with a dilution of 4% of 40%...whatever that means.

A dilution of 1:500: mouthwash, to irrigate and clean catheters.

1:250: to clean sick rooms.

25% solution: packing and drainage of sinuses, pus cavities, and abcesses.

4% solution: antiseptic surgery, drainage, packing, douches (!!).

Also for tuberculosis and certain cancers. It doesn't say what cancers.

This is scary!!

I knew a girl who worked in a mortuary and would use straight formaldehyde to treat her poison ivy. Worked like a charm as it burned off the blisters...but hurt like hedoubletoothpicks. I think I'd rather have the poison ivy! LOL

I don't know how much of this is true or how much is current. But it is scary!

God Bless.
  3. Leaknits

Leaknits New Member

Woofmom, when I'm looking for info about any med I haven't used before I run search: Ingredients whatever substance and I use webmd.com, medicinenet.com, and a couple other sites I can't recall the names of right now.

So far, I haven't found one substance the ingredients for which weren't there...
    Just a thought.

Lea.
  4. JLH

JLH New Member

I can not answer your question, but I do know that it is in most fingernail polishes -- which is why I can't wear them. When I wear fingernail polish, my fingernails will start to peel off in layers and my fingers then end up in awful shape!